Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so this summer I picked up a SA Loaded in black stainless and while I love the gun the rear sight will not stay tight. I've tried locktite to no avail, and now no matter how much I turn the screw it just won't get tight at all.

I called SA customer service and they told me I could send it back and have it fixed for free, but I don't know how long the wait is and I want to put night sights on it anyway. They told me I could talk to the custom shop to see about having night sights installed w/ a discount because it's under warranty, but they won't call me back.

So, long story short I'm thinking about just buying my own sights and having my smith put them on (much quicker than sending it off anyway) but I have NO idea what I need. Are the Loaded sight channels Novak cut? Do both front and rear have the same cut, or would there be some milling involved? From what I've found, the front sight needs to be .225" high...is this correct? I'm pretty new to the whole 1911 world, and after market sights seem so much more complicated than they were on my XD!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
take it from someone who did not send his gun back 2 years ago, or anytime since then, when i should have. you bought a great gun with a lifetime warranty. let them fix it, imo.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Does it have combat or target sights? Either way, I agree that you would be better off letting Springfield fix it. It shouldn't take that long and that way you'll know it was fixed right!

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Does it have combat or target sights? Either way, I agree that you would be better off letting Springfield fix it. It shouldn't take that long and that way you'll know it was fixed right!

Cheers! M2
and if the sights ever loosen or break or fall off, etc., you have recourse... they will fix it again... this smith of your may not even be around anymore.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Agreed, Springfield is known as having some of the best customer service in the business! It is one of the reasons my last four handgun purchases have all been Springfields!

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, alright, you've twisted my arm....I'll send it back to SA:razz:. Do you guys know about what my turn around should be for something this minor? One of my points of contention about shipping back to Springfield is that I will be moving by the end of the year, and I know they have to ship it to the return address you give at the time of shipment. Unfortunatley, I may have to wait until after I move:(

Thanks for helping me make up my mind, now I just have to find time to get back w/ customer service...their hours don't seem to match up w/ my work schedule:evil:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Call Springfield (800 680-6866, 8:30am - 4:30pm CST, Mon - Fri) and ask, they will give you an estimate as to how long it will take. It might just be a week or two, or maybe longer depending on how busy they are.

I think you are making the right decision.

Cheers! M2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts