Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to change out my sights on my xd service for night sights. I pounded away with a brass punch and hammer. I got the sights off with some strong force.

My concern now is the dawson night sights i purchased fits very loosely into the sight slot. It's so loose I can tap and move the sights windage by taping it with a flashlight. I

Put the stock ones back on for a reference check, to test the fitment and found the stock sights were also loose in the channel as well. Did i stretch out the sight channel from removing the sights? I used a proper sized punch and absolutely made zero contact with the channel.

Some advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Did the shoulders of the sight channel get pushed up? if you have no apparent damage just loctite the sight into place. But out of the hundreds of Dawson sights I have installed on XD`s I have never had on that was a loose as you described. Weird, or did you sand/file on the new sights.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I use red, but of course the internet will argue with me. Red has mystical powers according to the internet. You don`t want to put it directly on the small set screws but in the dovetail. You can remove it and some sight manufactures even provide the stuff to install their sights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts