Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced sights on both of my XDs's today. Went with the Truglo TFO, green front any yellow rear. Using a sight pusher, it took about 45 minutes to do both slides.
XD sights are tough, but no match for a good sight pusher.
I have had this type of TFO sights in a past life on a Glock. Loved the sights, not so much the gun.

·
Registered
228 Posts
For me it was the opposite taking them off stripped the sight pusher... but I punched in the new sights with no issues....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the sight tool that I used.
Universal Hand Gun Sight tool - Home - El Cajon, CA
I carefully "fitted" the new sights before installing. I could have installed without the tool, but the original sights would have been very difficult to remove without damage without this tool.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had the same sight pusher... The quality is there but it's no match with uninstalling stock sights on xd.... I sold it ....

·
Banned
0 Posts
Glad to hear it came out okay especially with the horror stories.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The XD sights are much tighter than they need to be, but with patience, a little penetrating oil, and a good sight tool, properly set up, they walk right out.

·
Registered
228 Posts
No need to use the freezer method.... patience and carefulness will work... I used a air can and flipped it upside down and let some the liquid drop on the sights and began.. it worked for the front but not for the rears.... The punch and happen method is the only way to do it....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts