Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing some night sights for my XD40 4". I carry it on duty, as well as, off duty. I've been looking pretty hard at the Meprolights because I like that you can get two different colors. I've also noticed the Speedring night sights but wondered how well they work and if the ring gets in the way of seeing your target (I'm used to open sights). What are your thoughts on target aquisition, reliability, and usability at night/day?

Also, what kind of time frame would it be for installation of the sights?

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
MO-LEO,

well the speedrings are great for the day time and you will be able to get fast shots off. At night though it is a different story. (this is my experence by the way) The speed ring has two tritium vials so unlike traditional sights with 3 dots you wll have to lean a new standard and some people dont or cant lean how to use it. The second minus is the ring it self you use the sights by lokking through the hole, at night you cant see the hole and then since the ring is so tall it can cover the front site and you may have to take some time to find the front sight and get things lined up.

The meprolights, Having to different colors make a difference its nice. In the day time the "dots are covered so they cant get pluged. Then they are similar to your standard sights so nothing new to learn. out of the color options I would choose green front with Orange rears, the orange is the second britest color. Also the sights give a nice brit glow no matter the color.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I want to replace my sights with a TRUGLO T.F.O. front sight and an orange Meprolight rear sight.

Too bad I can't buy them seperately. I guess I'm looking at about $160 to do that, and it's just not worth it lolol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks James. That's just what I wanted to know. That was also part of my thinking about the speedring at night. So needless to say whenever I get around to it I'll be giving you a holler about some Meprolights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts