Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 400 rounds through the XD 40 and 2 good cleanings I have a problem.

After using gun scrubber on the gun I noticed the sights were a little dirty so I used a toothpick to try and pick out the dirt and my sights are now a gooey type substance :shock:

I dont know what I did other than the sights arent chemical resistant.

My 1911 has novak sights and those are solid. So I guess they are just cheap sights. To replace them I would like to get night sights installed.

Who makes a good one?

·
Registered
533 Posts
http://www.pistol-gear.com

Best prices, best service, cheapest shipping.
they have ameriglo sights for 49bucks, I think they come with a 12 year warranty. they also have trijicon, probly the best name in the biz for 95 dollars, thats also a good price, they will be at your door step in 3 days after order, at least my order was.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I paid about 50 bucks. I don't know if that's good or bad. I'm going to do the next ones by myself (hopefully).

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've got Trijicons on a CZ97B and TRF Truglos on my XD9 SC. During the day the Trijicons are 3 dot sights, in daylight the Truglos pickup available light and are kind of bright, fairly easy to pick up fast. In dusky conditions though they are just a large 3 dot green sight picture. I have about $100 in the Truglos and $117 in the Trijicons. I had a gunsmith install both of them. $5 for one $10 for the other. I should have done it myself. All the smith did was use a punch and drift then into place. No pusher or anything like that. When you take a look at the Truglos and see those tubes it makes you a little leery of hammering on them but they seem to take it AOK. Plus when the smith installed the Trijicons on my CZ he wasn't paying attention and let the edge of the punch take a nip out of the polycoat on my CZ slide. Pissed me off. Now I've got to send it to Tripp Research. My advice is install them yourself and pay attention to detail.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had a set of meprolights installed on my xd 40. $65 from botach tactical and 25 dollars to the local gunshop to have them installed. The guy at the shop said that the meprolights labeled for the xd that another customer had bought and installed hit 4 inches low at 20 feet which is the distance they test at their indoor range. I had bought the sig 228 sights and they hit 1/4 inch low at the same distance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts