Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Three dots in line horizontally. With my 9mm, 115gr bullets strike exactly at top edge of front sight, 7-10 yards. If I cover lower half of the bulls-eye, I get perfect hits (sometimes!). Haven't tried yet, but 124s should hit slightly higher.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Sights are meant to be lined up, three dots in a row. Front sight "dot" centered on target at combat distances.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
If it is sighted like XDm sights, the point of impact rests on top of the front sight. I am not a fan, I am programmed for the sight to cover point of impact like God intended!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
If it is sighted like XDm sights, the point of impact rests on top of the front sight. I am not a fan, I am programmed for the sight to cover point of impact like God intended!
Unless you are bullseye / precision target shooting I don't see the problem. At self-defense distances you are going to be, what, an inch, maybe two, off? Shooting COM and hitting a couple of inches high ain't nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Unless you are bullseye / precision target shooting I don't see the problem. At self-defense distances you are going to be, what, an inch, maybe two, off? Shooting COM and hitting a couple of inches high ain't nothing to worry about.
That is a good point. I guess not many are shooting USPSA or IDPA with the XDs. I was just thinking how I have aim a bit low (feel wise) when shooting (USPSA) with my 4.5M

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
That is a good point. I guess not many are shooting USPSA or IDPA with the XDs. I was just thinking how I have aim a bit low (feel wise) when shooting (USPSA) with my 4.5M
*Feet* low? Not sure what distances you are shooting at, but if I had to aim feet low I'd be replacing the sights - it isn't that expensive after all.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
*Feet* low? Not sure what distances you are shooting at, but if I had to aim feet low I'd be replacing the sights - it isn't that expensive after all.
No, not feet, it's way more subtle than that. It just causes me to think about it at 25 to 50 yard targets, which slows me down. Plus, thinking isn't usually a strong point with me.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
No, not feet, it's way more subtle than that. It just causes me to think about it at 25 to 50 yard targets, which slows me down. Plus, thinking isn't usually a strong point with me.
Gotcha - still, I'd take the entrance fee and ammo cost of one event and buy sights that fit my personal preference and be done with it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just line them up and shoot. Like this........X0X

Accurate when I do my part.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts