Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post a picture of your sight picture so we can see all the different set ups...will be very helpfull to others.

·
Registered
539 Posts
this is a pic of my HK USPcompact. Standard 3dot.

Keep eyes focused on front sight.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plinkomatic said:
hopefully someone with XS big and little dot will post....
Yes...so far so good on the pix posted...suggestion try benching and bagging..also it would be nice to see some of the different night sight set ups,TFO, Dawson.....etc...

·
Registered
50 Posts
R/T, having both - do you feel that the yellow/green gives you quicker acquisition then the green/green? (By the way us having your gun match your lighter like having your belt match your shoes - a fashion necessity? :wink: )

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
flipya said:
R/T, having both - do you feel that the yellow/green gives you quicker acquisition then the green/green? (By the way us having your gun match your lighter like having your belt match your shoes - a fashion necessity? :wink: )
Have yu seen my comp. belt yet :lol:
http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=27494 :wink:

Really tough choice I feel the green is signifacantly brighter

But in pure dark I would belive the green between the yellows would be a bonus.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Someone mind posting a pic of trijicon sight picture? How about XS dot-based sight system?

·
Registered
885 Posts
The white dots were starting to dull on my XD. So I re-painted mine in contrasting colors.

Even in low light, with the frontsight blurred by the camera, you can see how the bright yellow front sight pops out. I have been very happy with this set-up. It allows much faster sight alignment.
Here is a LINK to a more detailed post on the TXDPSA forum.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Do you guys find that green green is the best way to go? I was thinking about trying to get a pair of trijicons in green / yellow or green / orange but I cant find pics for the comparison. Green is the brightest and is always on the front post but yellow or orange differentiation ... well one would think that it would assist in rapid sight picture acquisition.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
XD_Dan said:
The white dots were starting to dull on my XD. So I re-painted mine in contrasting colors.

Even in low light, with the frontsight blurred by the camera, you can see how the bright yellow front sight pops out. I have been very happy with this set-up. It allows much faster sight alignment.
Here is a LINK to a more detailed post on the TXDPSA forum.
My hands are not steady enough to do that.

Last year, I did rewhitten the site on an adjustible sighted 1911. I used a safety pin, and put it in the pain, then I let it drip one drop into the sight depression. W/ a bursh, no way I could do it...

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Re-Paint or fiber-based High Viz sights arent an option for me. I live in an apartment where I am in a position that little light filters in during the night. If I have to draw down to protect the family or have to draw it outside (god forbid!) for some reason, then I need tritium based self-illuminating sights.

For me, that means that the sight options I have to choose from suddenly get far more narrow. Therein lies the problem. These are expensive sights and its DAMN hard to find good sight pictures that use these. I dont want to go out and blow $95+shipping on a good set of trijicon just to find out that the sight picture that a ghostring offers is 100X better or that XS based sight systems fit my shooting style such that I would acquire a sight picture MUCH faster.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Forgive the double post...

The other problem I have is that its difficult to get experience shooting in low-light conditions. Its not like I can go down to the local outdoor range and ask god to turn down the sun for a bit for me or go to the local indoor and tell the proprietor I would like to turn off the lights for one bank of shooting positions.

What do you guys do to get around this?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
wfrazee said:
Forgive the double post...

What do you guys do to get around this?
One option is a club member ship the one I am joining gives you keys to go shot when you want so if I want to shoot indoor in the dark I can.
Another is my local indoor has a rifle and pistol side if you have an after noon off you can useally get a side by yourself

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here's the sight pic on a Beretta PX4- sorry, but these are chargable sights too. They were under the flashlight for about 20 seconds. They're very bright, cheap, but probably not what you're looking for.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts