Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a type of glowing paint to brighten my sights until I can get some night sights. Does anyone have a suggestion for a long lasting bright paint? Where can I get some? I went to the nearby art and craft store and picked up some stuff but its not very bright.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Testors makes a dayglow orange model paint that doesnt look very bright in the bottle but it is bright. Only put one coat over the white for optimum results. Nail polish can work good too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Heres whats i use,White Writers roller ball pen, its and pupmp action shake it up white out pen for typing corections stuff.iv used it for awhile and only had to touch it up once,thats also what i used to highlight the XD echings on the slide on my 40 , got tired of people asking if it was a glock :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've used Glow Inc's glow in the dark paint on my sights when I needed to do a night fire exercise for a class and didn't have anything with night sights. Worked great! For normal use, I recommend getting real night sights b/c you don't have to charge real night sights.

Glow Inc's brightest-rated paint really does glow for 12 hours or so. I use it to mark flashlight butts, pistol box combination lock buttons and other things that I'd rather see in the dark than have to hunt for. Inanimate things, that is. Heh heh.

You won't believe how bright this stuff is!

Quote from their site:
The only paint that we recommend using on a weapon is Ultra Green Glow in the Dark Paint. It is literally the brightest glow in the dark paint available anywhere. After charging from a bright light source, it will glow reasonable bright for about an hour. It will continue to glow, albeit dimly, for another 6-10 hours.

http://glowinc.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=6

R

·
0 Posts
+1 on the Glow inc.

I have some on my old sights

That stuff is ridiculous its so bright.

If your get some use a tooth pic to apply it to your sights, do very thin layers for best results, then coat with clear fingernail polish.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Can you guys post pics of this glow in the dark stuff? Maybe in the light and then in the dark. Id appreciate it.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Ivan A. Makarova said:
Well, here's some before and after pics...

Before

After

:wink: :lol: :wink:
LMAO I like that before pic

·
Registered
244 Posts
is this for a carry gun? Cuz i was thinkin of this too, but if its a concealed gun, it won't get the "charge" it needs to glow at night. If its home defense, then yeah, just leave it by a nightstand with a lamp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts