Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

So I recently got myself a set of Tru Glo TFOs for my Service .45. After some research I decided that it would be best to take it up to the gun shop because I was not confident in my abilities to install them myself. So I get up there and give them to one of the employees and he goes in the back with it. It took like two hours for them to put hem on and right after I got it back I noticed some red stuff around the edges of the sights but figured whatever it was it would come off once I got it home and cleaned it. Well, it didn't come off. I took it to the other gun shop here in town that I do all my shooting at and showed it to them and they said its rust. Any idea why it would rust and can I fix it? Should I go back to the store that did the installation and see what they will do?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took some pics but I put so much gun oil around the sights you can't really see it now. Just don't see how it could be rust when it was on there as soon as he gave me the gun back. If it were rust, how big a deal could it be.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I took some pics but I put so much gun oil around the sights you can't really see it now. Just don't see how it could be rust when it was on there as soon as he gave me the gun back. If it were rust, how big a deal could it be.
post the pics

or blow the oil off, and take new ones.

if its rusted, it shouldn't be, and the smith needs to fix it.

but until the rust is confirmed, my guess is loctite pooch job

·
Registered
53 Posts
Probably Red Loctite pooch job!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts