Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be putting on some night sights and was curious how much you guys paid your gunsmith to do it. My local shop is telling me that they have to drill off the old ones and then loctight the new ones in. They also quoted me $40.

From some preliminary reading that I've done on this sight it looks like an easy and fast process if you have a sight pushing tool. So I am really questioning my local shops knowledge on this subject.

Curious what you guys think and what you guys paid.

·
Registered
395 Posts
my local shop installs them for free if I buy them from them, and they're really fairly priced too, $99.99 for trijicons installed

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
My local gunsmith charges $5.00 for any sight installation. Whether you buy your sights from them or online. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was quoted from $30 to $75 locally. The problem was that none of them had any real experience doing XD sights. As I understand, the factory sights can be a bear to remove and I wasn't comfortable with any of them "experimenting" on my SC. So I sent the slide off to Daniel at Powder River who has lots of experience with them. He was very reasonable and even with shipping, it was less than many of the local guys. He turned it around in 2 days as well. Great service.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
I paid $30 dollars at my local gun store.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Dj: What gun store?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
mine was free since i bought the gun and the sights from them, i belive its $30 other wise.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
My locals shops will install them free if you buy them from their shop, and charge 30-40 dollars for install of any other sights

·
Registered
221 Posts
$25 locally
Mine would be free since the range I bought them from said they would do the free install. Problem is it would take 2 weeks and they would have to use a punch and drift the sights out and in with a brass punch and mallet. Ah no... I'll buy the $50 tool myself then.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I've paid between $15-30.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
I paid $25 yesterday for FO install at local Gun store, free if I purchased sights from them.

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
I pay $20 at my local smith.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts