Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get some feedback on what sight you guys would prefer on you pistols. I'm trying to decide between the Dawson Precision truglo sights or installing the Suresights that line-up like a triangle. I have not shot either one but was hoping to get some opinions from those who have as far as durability and target location.:confused: Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
908 Posts
I've had the sure sights and took them off after shooting a few hundred rounds.
FOR ME, I just couldn't get used to them, where they felt natural.
Great defensive sights though, if you wanna get used to them.

I use dawson sights now- plain target rear sight and fiber-optic front.

Many top level shooters use this combo.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your comment - Dawson Precision is about 15 miles from where I live and I read & hear alot about there quality sights. I will probably go by there and have a look at my options. I also understand that even if you want a pair of suresights there is at least a 2-3 month wait as there production seems to be extremely back-logged. Dawson it is !

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks for your comment - Dawson Precision is about 15 miles from where I live and I read & hear alot about there quality sights. I will probably go by there and have a look at my options. I also understand that even if you want a pair of suresights there is at least a 2-3 month wait as there production seems to be extremely back-logged. Dawson it is !

If you get the dawsons, please post pics! I have been considering those as well!

·
Super Moderator
22,263 Posts
I've had the sure sights and took them off after shooting a few hundred rounds.
FOR ME, I just couldn't get used to them, where they felt natural.
Great defensive sights though, if you wanna get used to them.

I use dawson sights now- plain target rear sight and fiber-optic front.

Many top level shooters use this combo.
they seem to work for me...

·
Registered
908 Posts
If you get the dawsons, please post pics! I have been considering those as well!
From Springer Precision website:

Dawson target rear with 1.00 front fiber optic sight.

·
Registered
291 Posts
From Springer Precision website:

Dawson target rear with 1.00 front fiber optic sight.
I know, I have seem them on the site, but I'd like to seem them on an XDm

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Well for what it is worth I put a set of TRU Glo TFO on my XD9. I LUV THEM!!! I really dont know what else to say other than that! I am gonna get a set for my XDM 9mm soon from Gilberts if he still has them at $79.99. :grin: :cool: :cool: :grin:

·
Registered
908 Posts
I liked the TFO's a lot too, but after having to replace them 3 times in 18 months, I finally gave up on them...

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Well I did read up on them on here and yes sum ppl where having problems w/them. Soooooo what I did was to get sum 30 min. epoxy at pep boys mixed it up and filled the top of the tubes w/them that way. Nice and crystal clear and the will NOT COME OUT! :p It looks really good and now I dont have to worry about the tubes coming out/off ever again. I just luv the tritium and the fiber optics of these sights. Best of both worlds for me!! :cool: :twisted: :grin:

·
Registered
908 Posts
I know some had the tubes fall out.

I never did.

Mine just kept going dim- the tritium was leaking out...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts