Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I'm new to the forum, and new to XD ownership. I love the SC-40 for carry, but have recently encountered 2 problems with it:

1) The front sight is not adaquately painted. The white stuff is recessed, and the resulting shadow can make it tough to sight. The front sight can also get powder on it, and as I was trying to clean it with Strike Hold and a toothbrush, the sight paint started coming off. Did anyone else have this problem, and did any aftermarket sight paint work esp well?

2) I've shot a few thousand rounds with no problem, but last time I shot, it failed to seat the round 4 or 5 times. I could just push the slide foward and I would seat, but I'd rather not have it do that. My theory is that the spring assembly has a problem...does that sound plausible, and is there anywhere I could get a stainless sc spring assembly?

Any help would be appreciated, and I thank you in advance.

Dan

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Might be the springs. I'm not too sure on the service life of the springs, but a couple thousand rounds sounds about right. You could try polishing the feed ramp a little bit with emery cloth to make it smoother. I'm banking on the spring though.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Your recoil spring should be good for around 10,000 rounds. White nail polish or testors model paint are both cheap and very durable for front sight pain. I never worried about the dots to much as they are only a referance point for me, I still shoot the top of the sight and only use the dot to help quickly aaquire the sight. As far as your fail to feed, try cleaning the gun and use some oil on it. I had the same problem one f my guns ad it turned out that I just had it too dry.

Yes it could be the spring but in only a couple thousand rounds...I doubt it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I used fishing jig paint to paint the front sight bright red and hot green on the rear dots. improved my scores. the jig paint is great for sights

1 - 4 of 4 Posts