Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,so why are sight adjustment tools rare as hens teeth ? CCW type weapons are right now a large part of the market.why are they so difficult to find ? why don't local shops rent them at least ? is there one available from S.A. ? have a 5" .40 that shoots 1-3" left at idpa ranges/distances.if you've found a good way to move them yourself,without special tool,i'd like to know how you did it. steve

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
its most likely your incorrect shooting, not incorrect sights...

not trying to be an ass, but 90% of the people who want to adjust their sights do it because they are shooting wrong/inacurately. but, there are acceptions to the rule.

there is no such thing as a factory sight adjustment tool....(for the XD at least)

Steve B. said:
CCW type weapons are right now a large part of the market.why are they so difficult to find
what exactly is a "CCW type weapon"?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have been installing and adjusting sights on my 3 XDs with a hammer and brass punch Lyman sells a very cool hammer and punch set the hammer has 3 heads 1 plastic 1 brass and 1 steel and 6 punches of vary-es sizes and 1 brass punch if you take your time it works fine and if you ask a smith thats how there installing them anyway since no one makes a pusher for the XD yet heres there website http://www.lymanproducts.com/lymanproducts/index.htm

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doubt this needs to be explained,but ya asked.i have a super blackhawk,fine pistol.but not a CCW type weapon.I have a .44 bulldog,it is a CCW type weapon.my SC,X-d is a CCW type weapon.my 686 grouse gun is not.O.K. ? when me and all my friends turned 21,they went drinking,i bought my super blackhawk.have hunted since before it was legal for me to do so.will be 48 too soon.i know when my pistol is grouping to the left.no doubt it is me.but it is consistantly so.so at this point in my life,i'll just move the sight.have a lucite mallet i may be able to tap it over with.with the number of fixed sight pistols being sold(CCW type)tools should be more readily available.does the glock tool fit ? hope that doesn't offend anyone ! steve

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
The tool that will come closest is a tool for Sigs (226,228, etc). The XD rear sight is slightly too wide to fit the tool, however. Solution is to narrow the rear sight or widen the slot in the tool--which weakens the tool to a certain degree. Use your imagination. The tool also will adjust the front sight on Service models, but not the Tactical models, the increased length of the recoil spring cover gets in the way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks snake-eater.hmmnnn,have to think of who has a sig.maybe the armorer for our sheriff's dept has one.hmmnn.speaking of snakes though.over the 4th weekend got to try rattlesnake up to camp in elk co penn..better than frog legs.anyway,he'd never have been able to swallow me.oh,its my tactical that i want to adjust. steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts