Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do I adjust sites for vertical sighting on my XDS with factory sites? With the top of the front site even with the top of the rear site and a 6 o'clock hold it shoots a foot low at 25 yds. Does this with 230gr. or 185 gr. and factory loads or reloads. Covering the bull will bring that up to 6" low.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
how do I adjust sites for vertical sighting on my XDS with factory sites? With the top of the front site even with the top of the rear site and a 6 o'clock hold it shoots a foot low at 25 yds. Does this with 230gr. or 185 gr. and factory loads or reloads. Covering the bull will bring that up to 6" low.

Do not adjust them. It most likely is your shooting form. Adjust your tigger finger and make sure not to limp wrist the pistol

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Try this before you fiddle with the sights.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Shoot from a rest. They are combat sights. Level and cover the target with the front dot. Also let a friend or other experienced polymer handgun shooter have a go with it. Good luck. Thought mine shot low at first but lots of dry fire later found out it was me.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Every XDs must shoot different. Mine shoots like the OP is trying to shoot...level, level to the 6:00 on the target. Many shoot combat...front dot covering the target. Other's say they end up switching the rear sight out to get it to shoot where they sight it.

·
Registered
279 Posts

You can't adjust the stock sights for elevation. Only way to do that is to change out the sights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks every one. SMLAmory I'll give the chart a try. I may be pushing forward too hard on the XDS. Been a handgun shooter for years and this is the only weapon I have a problem with, but also the only compact I own.

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's not about the first round
It's about the fact that since the gun pitches too high the recoil does not travel straight back so friction causes the slide to not correctly cycle
The result can vary but it usually means failure to close to battery or feed or eject

1 - 10 of 10 Posts