Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after lurking around on here for a few days and spending wayyyyyy to much time researching everything i can about these wonderful firearms and due to the fact that i really wanted a Beretta cougar in 45 acp as i love all my 45's but couldnt find a beretta.
well to make a long story somewhat short i couldnt find a Cougar and the only guy that sells guns at a reasonable price in my area told me i really should look into the XD's . so i did and after all the research i did and couldnt turn up any neg feed back on the weapons i bought 2 yes two a subcompact in 40 and the service in 40 cant wait until my 10 days is up so i can burn some ammo through them both i want to thank you all for the wonderful info stored here as this place was a big help in my decesion i hope i like the 40 cal. i havent had much expenence with that cal as like i said ive always loved my 45's but i just fell in love with the way those XD's felt in my hand and came up perfectly every time i sought a sight picture as my partner said they are "ergoo prefectooo"

·
Registered
231 Posts
indianbullet,
Welcome to the asylum. Sounds like you did your homework and made an intelligent decision. Hope the wait (not going to make any California jokes) isn't too unbearable. I'm sure you will find the XD to be a wonderful addition to your collection.

p.s.: interesting screen name. Care to share?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AHHHHH the wait lol it wont be bad im LE so i can sastisfy my addiction easly enough..
my name hmm well ive been deep off into target archery all my life and and arrow is an indianbullet as we used to call arrow heads when i was a kid and hunted them on a regular basis.. so there ya have it nothing to profound im sorry to say lol
here i am havent even gotten the guns yet and im looking at accessories as usual but of course thats always half the fun of adding to your arsonal

·
Registered
821 Posts
indianbullet,

They made LE wait 10 days?Damn.
LE are exempt from the 10 day wait
From http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/pubfaqs.htm#14
This may only apply for weapons purchased for duty.
18. Are there any exemptions to the waiting period?
For most people - no. However certain exemptions do exist for the following:
a. Full-time, paid California law enforcement officers are exempt if they have the required letter signed by the head of the agency or commanding officer. The dealer will keep the signed, original letter.
b. Firearms dealers and persons who have obtained special weapons permits issued by DOJ are exempt from the waiting period.
c. Persons with curio and relic collector's licenses issued by the ATF and who have a valid Certificate of Eligibility issued by the DOJ are exempt from the waiting period only when purchasing curio and relic firearms.
(PC sections 12078 (a)(r)(t))
Did they make you take the HSC too?If so you should make
them refund the cost of HSC.LE are exempt from HSC
http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/hsc2.htm

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep im so glad i found this site had to forward it to my gun seller as he didnt know about it and moves alot of the XD's
i can see my self spending wayyyyyyyy to much time on here lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts