Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am sending my XD into SA to have the feed problem fixed. Its been nagging at me ever since I experienced the FTFeed at round count 312. Went to Gander to buy some ammo today and was talking to the guy who sold it to me and the smith who both own XD's and never experienced and FTFeeds. I bought the warranty from Gander so they will ship it to SA using SA's shipping account.

I dont want to sound like a nitpick but my value S&W 9mm feeds every ammo put thru it even after 2000 rds. Gonna send it off tomorrow so 2-3 weeks from now I will have to give a fresh range report.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a warranty including one full detail cleaning and no charge shipping if it needs to be fixed at factory. Plus they can do some in house stuff there, and everything they can do wont void the SA warranty.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
Cyberbeer said:
Its a warranty including one full detail cleaning and no charge shipping if it needs to be fixed at factory. Plus they can do some in house stuff there, and everything they can do wont void the SA warranty.
Like I said you got ripped off.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Gander warranty isn't a rip off. I'll bet he got the 19.99 warranty which is a good deal, especially if you do have a problem with your gun in the first year. It will cost at least that for you to send your gun back to the manufacture and almost double that if it's next day. Most people are not comfortable completely disassembling their gun and the Gander gunsmith will do this, look for any potential problems and clean it. The warranty is a better deal if you buy a used gun as Gander has a 90 day warranty on used guns and it adds a year on top that. 15 months of coverage on a used gun and a complete cleaning for 19.99 is a very good deal.

Who got ripped off?
It sure wasn't Cyberbeer!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its 20 bux. Not to mention when a part broke on my S&W that was MY fault they replaced and installed it for free. Its kind of like buying the warranties from Best Buy. Everything there comes with manu warranties. However the Best buy warranty costing you a lil more, but defects are repaired in house (much faster), and if it cant be repaired its replaced ON THE SPOT. No waiting 3 weeks for SA to fix stuff or replace the gun. For 20 bux, and the ability to have my CCW gun replaced instantly if something goes wrong...yea got screwed.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
Nothing at Best Buy comes with a lifetime warranty that I know of. And their extended warranty's are a con job. They know that 95% of the time no one is going to need that extended warranty. It's basically free money for them. Gander mountain also knows this. But if piece of mind is what your looking for then by all means get that warranty. Me, I think I'll use the lifetime warranty supplied by SA if ever needed. Boy, who would have thought you could have a warranty on top of a lifetime warranty. Yes, the salesman usually get a commission for selling such warranties.

Most people will never need to detail strip their XD.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
My son worked as a supervisor for Best Buy for almost 2 yrs. and now for Good Guys. Accessories (read warranties) are their bread and butter and the markup on them are high. I know about the latter, because we were able to get the employee discount and he told us what the markup was on the warranties (their cost vs. public's)

Also, I don't ever recall him telling me they offer a lifetime warranty. 5yrs is one of the longest. Even tho it can be a lot of money, he recommends them due to the technology involved on electronic apparati (sp) that can go wrong. Actually he said, "If you don't get one on an expensive piece of electronics (i.e. computers, large screen, plasma, lcd tvs) your're a fool."

Due to my bad luck with everything and I mean EVERYTHING I buy, I always buy an extended warranty, whether at discount or not. Did I every tell you guys about a black water tank on my motor home opening up on me while I was in shorts and wearing sandals and while I was squatting in front of it trying to fix a leak? :shock:

·
Registered
104 Posts
retired said:
My son worked as a supervisor for Best Buy for almost 2 yrs. and now for Good Guys...Also, I don't ever recall him telling me they offer a lifetime warranty. 5yrs is one of the longest. Even tho it can be a lot of money, he recommends them due to the technology involved on electronic apparati (sp) that can go wrong. Actually he said, "If you don't get one on an expensive piece of electronics (i.e. computers, large screen, plasma, lcd tvs) your're a fool."
This is completely off topic but I used to be a "Top Gun" (former BBY employees will know) Service Supervisor at a local BestBuy store (I left).

Warranty value is up to you, but some advice:
Make a copy of your receipt -- the original fades so that it is unreadable. A lot of the time they won't be able to find your contract by name, phone #, address, creditcard, etc. (seriously).

Also keep the brochure that you get with your warranty. BBY has the tendency to change the "terms" and unless you have YOUR copy they will try to force the new terms on you.

regards

·
Registered
94 Posts
Cyberbeer said:
Well I am sending my XD into SA to have the feed problem fixed. Its been nagging at me ever since I experienced the FTFeed at round count 312. Went to Gander to buy some ammo today and was talking to the guy who sold it to me and the smith who both own XD's and never experienced and FTFeeds. I bought the warranty from Gander so they will ship it to SA using SA's shipping account.

I dont want to sound like a nitpick but my value S&W 9mm feeds every ammo put thru it even after 2000 rds. Gonna send it off tomorrow so 2-3 weeks from now I will have to give a fresh range report.
Well, it sounds like you got a lemon. Every manufacturer has them. I have put 1,200 plus rounds through my XD-9 and never have had one single problem. Well good luck but I hope you don't lose faith in the XD's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts