Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Sig really only offer a non transferable one year warranty on their new pistols?

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
Springfield Armory technically only offers a non-transferrable warranty, but they will do warranty work on your XD even if you are the 123rd owner.

I would say call. Probably your best bet, though I have 3 Sigs, and not once have had even a FTFeed with any of them.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It's really not even the non transferable part. I just can't believe they only offer a one year warranty while Springfield and S&W offer lifetime warranties. I was contemplating selling my SA Loaded 1911 for a Sig Equinox in 45, but if they only cover it for one year I may have to decide against it.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Limited lifetime for NIB, 1 year for CPO

·
Premium Member
4,154 Posts
It's really not even the non transferable part. I just can't believe they only offer a one year warranty while Springfield and S&W offer lifetime warranties. I was contemplating selling my SA Loaded 1911 for a Sig Equinox in 45, but if they only cover it for one year I may have to decide against it.
Yes,

That being said I know of noone who has ever had need of a Sig warranty.

I look at it this way. If a company like SA offers a lifetime no-bull**** warranty on a handgun they sell, and some jackass ruins his through negligence that means I the consumer get to pay the increased cost for it's repair or replacement. The company doesn't eat that warranty cost....they pass it on to you and I.

Taurus also offers a lifetime warranty on their firearms, but you wouldn't catch me trusting my life to one.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Nothing is more dependable than than a Sig, if you replace the springs as they wear, you wont need service work. I have a 220 thats been shot so much that the hammer had left serious wear marks and burs on the bottom of the slide. You know what? It still shoots like a new gun!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
To translate Jonrem's response, Sig offers a lifetime warranty for New In Box purchases that is non transferable. For the Certified Pre Owned weapons it's a 1 year warranty. FYI, per Sig Sauer theCPO weapons are law enforcement trde in that are thoroughly inspeted and rought up to factory specs with new parts as required ut may show holster and finish wear. BTW, new Sig's come in a blue cases and the CPO Sig's currently come in red cases.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
To translate Jonrem's response, Sig offers a lifetime warranty for New In Box purchases that is non transferable. For the Certified Pre Owned weapons it's a 1 year warranty. FYI, per Sig Sauer theCPO weapons are law enforcement trde in that are thoroughly inspeted and rought up to factory specs with new parts as required ut may show holster and finish wear. BTW, new Sig's come in a blue cases and the CPO Sig's currently come in red cases.
Both CPO guns that I own came in blue boxes :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts