Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really prefer striker fired handguns (Glocks,XDs) but I ran into A Sig Pro 2022 in 9mm with night sites NIB for $519 at a local gunshop. This pistol really fits my hand . Not better but at least as good as the XD. I use a Beretta for duty carry so I am used to the DA/SA.

I have always wanted a Sig and I would even settle for their tupperware version. My question is I know they dropped their prices and was wondering if anyone knew anything about this.

Also, anyone that has one or has fired one, I would appreciate any comments.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
I have two of them. I just sold one to a fellow XDTALK member. All time favorite gun.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I own a Sig 2340 chambered in .357 Sig and its a great gun, it stays within arms reach in my house.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I love the sp2022 I bought off nikon. I am sold on sigs now. I still love my xd 9, but I want another sig!

I own a Sig 2340 chambered in .357 Sig and its a great gun, it stays within arms reach in my house.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
How big are they??? CCW size or too big?

·
Registered
563 Posts
$519 is somewhat high given that the 'net has them for around $469, but I love the SIG Pro. I bought one new in 2004 and it's been with me the longest by far out of my current inventory, and I'll never part with it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
That's it talking about the sig now when I get home I will have to shoot it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
$519 is somewhat high given that the 'net has them for around $469, but I love the SIG Pro. I bought one new in 2004 and it's been with me the longest by far out of my current inventory, and I'll never part with it.

Yup, Buds has the 9mm for $482 shipped and the .40 for $469 shipped.

Sig Sauer E2022 SIGPRO 9MM 15RD Night Sights for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $482.00

Sig Sauer 2022 40SW 12RD Night Sights for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $469.00

The 9mm SP2022 will be my next handgun.

·
Registered
517 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Top Gun Supply had them for I think $469 recently. Might want to check with them. I love my 2340. Its a great gun and has one of the smoothest triggers of any hand gun I own. Its my first brand new Sig I ever bought....:D

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Definitely good price. Unfortunately I live on the other end of the same state so I would have to pay sales tax as well as FFL fees. so it would come out about the same. Still, a good price for a Sig of any flavor.

But this gets back to the original question. Why are the prices falling? I know there was a rumor Sig was discontinuing this model but France bought 270,000 of them and American units bought thousands more. I don't see this gun going away.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
All you have to say is "think Sig P250" and you ll probably see why this plastic gun is being discontinued.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All you have to say is "think Sig P250" and you ll probably see why this plastic gun is being discontinued.
First of all, I have found nothing but rumors saying it is being discontinued, and second, if they are expecting the P250 to replace it they better start selling some of them. Can you say "Modular?". Apparently no one else can since they won't buy them. Even Sig Forum guys don't like them. And how much of the frame has to be polymer to be considered "plastic?'.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
They are being discontinued for civilian sale only. They still however will be available for pending military and leo contracts. Some will trickle down every now and then to distributors.

I agree however, the p250 doesn't touch the sigpro.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They are being discontinued for civilian sale only. They still however will be available for pending military and leo contracts. Some will trickle down every now and then to distributors.

I agree however, the p250 doesn't touch the sigpro.
Well I emailed Sig and received this reply:

Yes, the SP2022 will be discontinued and replaced with the P250.

Regards,
Natasha

Sig just made a big mistake. I fired a P250 and the trigger sucks. Well I guess that's the end of my Sig Pro pursuit. I would never buy a discontinued Sig because of the way they handled this. I can't trust that parts and magazines will remain available. It's kind of like they just had a meeting and said screw the 2022. Sh*t, now I'm goin to have to spend the money for an HK.

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Well I emailed Sig and received this reply:

Yes, the SP2022 will be discontinued and replaced with the P250.

Regards,
Natasha

Sig just made a big mistake. I fired a P250 and the trigger sucks. Well I guess that's the end of my Sig Pro pursuit. I would never buy a discontinued Sig because of the way they handled this. I can't trust that parts and magazines will remain available. It's kind of like they just had a meeting and said screw the 2022. Sh*t, now I'm goin to have to spend the money for an HK.
First of all the French police contract is through the year 2022 (hence the model number). So parts availability will not be a problem. They still have police contracts here in the US as well. The Sigpro hasn't been very popular until now. Sadly it's too late as it is being phased out. Sig sunk all of their money into the P250 and is determined to have it supercede the sigpro. I don't think P250 sales are takng off like they thought they would. I do feel your frustration, however I wouldn't use that as an excuse to pass up a great pistol.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
one of the best guns I ever had and regret selling terribly I will have another one someday.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
First of all the French police contract is through the year 2022 (hence the model number). So parts availability will not be a problem. They still have police contracts here in the US as well. The Sigpro hasn't been very popular until now. Sadly it's too late as it is being phased out. Sig sunk all of their money into the P250 and is determined to have it supercede the sigpro. I don't think P250 sales are takng off like they thought they would. I do feel your frustration, however I wouldn't use that as an excuse to pass up a great pistol.
They should have saved some money for advertising and tried to push the P250 a bit more.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Well I would say very few Sig Forum guys dont like it. In fact if you do a search quite a few people really like them. I think the idea of a plastic Sig bite some of them. But now that the P250 has a pretty good following ( going again off Sig Forum ) I think they ll be ok. I havent bought a P250 yet. But I might start making triggers for them since Sig hasnt and I ve gotten a pretty decent request for them.

Anyways, point is, there are plenty of parts and I dont think you ll find much trouble with the Pro ( except maybe the guide rod, which you can get from me in SS ;)).

Other then that, its a awesome gun. I thought of selling it , but glad I never did.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts