Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cut for Trijicon RMR....I sold all my RMR's for the best red dot on the market!! (Holosun 508T Titanium). Pair that with the Streamlight TLR8G and you have the BEST carry pistol ever!!
P320RXc.jpg

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok...why “best” when it comes to the Holosun?

Honestly interested in reasons, not being a smart ass...
View window size, price, shake awake feature, solar backup, circle dot, battery life, warranty...RMR Footprint...etc.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who did you have do the RMR cut?
L and M Precision Gun Works, PO Box 36, Lakeview, NC 28350....$40.00+$25.00 (return shipping/Insurance)...sent it on Friday ($16.00 shipping and insurance) got it back the next Thursday.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
L and M Precision Gun Works, PO Box 36, Lakeview, NC 28350....$40.00+$25.00 (return shipping/Insurance)...sent it on Friday ($16.00 shipping and insurance) got it back the next Thursday.
Wow! That is really cheap! Did you have to send the optic in with the slide?
EDIT: Yep. Reading the website now...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
L and M precision Gunworks, PO Box 36, Lakeview, NC 28350
Wow! That is really cheap! Did you have to send the optic in with the slide?
EDIT: Yep. Reading the website now...
Mark told me if I sent my slide, Sight ,Barrel and recoil spring he would fit the sight tight and bore sight it...NO charge. All I sent was the slide and Holosun. I thought it was a great deal and I like the Holosun so much better than the Trijicon, so I sold my Trijicon and got a Holosun 508T for $349.00.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to make sure you know the SIG P320RXc comes with a Romeo 1 Red Dot installed. L & M cuts the slide slightly bigger and drills and taps the holes so the Trijicon or Holosun will fit...that is why it is only $40.00.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Just to make sure you know the SIG P320RXc comes with a Romeo 1 Red Dot installed. L & M cuts the slide slightly bigger and drills and taps the holes so the Trijicon or Holosun will fit...that is why it is only $40.00.
I figured that out when I was looking through the price scheduling. Still, most don't even offer that service.

I got a RX on a P320 and a P229 Legion that I'm considering this for. I haven't been a big fan of the Romeo1. Great viewing window, but kinda fragile by comparison. After a year of use, the one on my P320 just shit the bed and will eat a battery in a week now.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I figured that out when I was looking through the price scheduling. Still, most don't even offer that service.

I got a RX on a P320 and a P229 Legion that I'm considering this for. I haven't been a big fan of the Romeo1. Great viewing window, but kinda fragile by comparison. After a year of use, the one on my P320 just **** the bed and will eat a battery in a week now.
I have had a Holosun 507c on my "Rowland Special" for a while now and love it!! Since this is what I will carry 90% of the time I put one of the NEW 508T's on it (worth the extra $35.00 just because it is all matte black and Titanium). I Have used Holosun's for 8 years and they just WORK!! It is worth getting rid of that Romeo 1!!!

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
I finally got around to sending my P320c Rx to Mark for retro-fitting a Holosun 507c that I snagged on sale for under $200. I've done some more modifications to it and I really like it so far.
Resized_20200508_134935.jpeg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Was this SIg previous Optic capable ? I have an XCarry that I like alot and it has a slot cut already for a their Romeo Sight, that they are back order even at Sig itself. Been that way since January. I have resigned myself that its going to get a Red Dot, its not going to be a Remeo. I really like the features etc of the Holsom 507C, but its .100" to long which I could modify. That is why I'm asking about the gun smith work you had done.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
View window size, price, shake awake feature, solar backup, circle dot, battery life, warranty...RMR Footprint...etc.
Did the Trijicon battery not last a year? I change mine once a year on all my RMR's.

Have you taken any real training classes? I think "shake awake" in a advanced class/real world defensive situation wouldn't mix, just curious if it actually does.
Solar powered, hmmm since most people conceal carry and shoot at indoor ranges, isn't this just a gimmick?

Asking because I am thinking about adding RDS to two more this year and halosun would certainly be cheaper, but I'm used to and like Trijicon so I don't know if the features halosun have are useful or gimmicks?

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Did the Trijicon battery not last a year? I change mine once a year on all my RMR's.

Have you taken any real training classes? I think "shake awake" in a advanced class/real world defensive situation wouldn't mix, just curious if it actually does.
Solar powered, hmmm since most people conceal carry and shoot at indoor ranges, isn't this just a gimmick?

Asking because I am thinking about adding RDS to two more this year and halosun would certainly be cheaper, but I'm used to and like Trijicon so I don't know if the features halosun have are useful or gimmicks?
My RMR battery has been going for about 2 years now.

Any movement will cause the dot to be on. You can't pick up the gun fast enough to beat it turning on. If you are wearing it, it will be on from the movement. If I sit still long enough, it will turn off. Small amounts of movement from me will turn it back on. I wouldn't even have a grip on it, let alone have it out of the holster before the dot is on.

The solar panel on top is a supplemental energy source to the battery. If you are in bright sunlight, you will use very little. If it is darker, then you will use more battery. If you leave the dot on the auto adjust feature, then when it is concealed under clothing, the dot will be very dim and not use much power. That is why the version 1 (v1) of the 507c that uses the 2032 is rated for almost 11 years on one battery.

And if you didn't know, the photo-electric effect you get from solar panels doesn't just work with the sun. It works with alternate light sources as well. The more intense the light, the better the effect.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I love my 507c. Literally opening the safe door carries enough movement to its shelf to turn the dot on. I'll be taking it out next week to run some rounds through the P80 and get more used to using the dot.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
My RMR battery has been going for about 2 years now.

Any movement will cause the dot to be on. You can't pick up the gun fast enough to beat it turning on. If you are wearing it, it will be on from the movement. If I sit still long enough, it will turn off. Small amounts of movement from me will turn it back on. I wouldn't even have a grip on it, let alone have it out of the holster before the dot is on.

The solar panel on top is a supplemental energy source to the battery. If you are in bright sunlight, you will use very little. If it is darker, then you will use more battery. If you leave the dot on the auto adjust feature, then when it is concealed under clothing, the dot will be very dim and not use much power. That is why the version 1 (v1) of the 507c that uses the 2032 is rated for almost 11 years on one battery.

And if you didn't know, the photo-electric effect you get from solar panels doesn't just work with the sun. It works with alternate light sources as well. The more intense the light, the better the effect.
Thank you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts