Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, being from Chicago - there are only limited numbers of gun shops within reasonable driving distance.

As such, I have not been able to find one easily that has a Sig P250 to rent and try out.

Has/does anyone here:
1. Know of a local to Chicago shop that will rent a P250 on their range?
2. Tried it out at your local shop, or, own one?
3. Have any feedback? I love the concept of being able to swap out configurations as I see fit.

Happy holidays!

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Unfortunately, being from Chicago - there are only limited numbers of gun shops within reasonable driving distance.

As such, I have not been able to find one easily that has a Sig P250 to rent and try out.

Has/does anyone here:
1. Know of a local to Chicago shop that will rent a P250 on their range?
2. Tried it out at your local shop, or, own one?
3. Have any feedback? I love the concept of being able to swap out configurations as I see fit.

Happy holidays!
1. I don't live anywhere near Chi town.
2. I handled one and the double action only trigger is actually pretty darn nice, I was surprised.
3. Swapping configurations will cost you an arm and a leg, and you will still just have one pistol. Plus it is not a "one-size-fits-all" kind of thing. You can't take a compact 250 in 9mm and build it into a full size 45 ( if that model ever even comes to market ), the "swapability" is extremely limited and expensive.

It seems like a nice gun and if they EVER start building the 45 I will probably get one.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Madcap

Sorry cant help on the Chicago thing BUT.......

Got a P250 in .40 13 + 1 about a month ago liked the feel of the gun liked the trigger and it was in the compact size with med grip when I tried it out. Popped about 500 rounds through it so far and its a nice shooter. Plus it was cheaper than another XDm as the wife is starting like that one!!

My philosphy is another gun doesn't hurt!!

I talked to Sig Friday and they are selling the 9mm conversion kit for 369 still a bit high but the price has dropped considerably so maybe Sig has smarted up a bit cause it was like 470 which why the heck wouldnt I buy another gun?

Looking at this being the carry for the time being as the wife might start carrying the XDm instead of her P232.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Madcap

Sorry cant help on the Chicago thing BUT.......

Got a P250 in .40 13 + 1 about a month ago liked the feel of the gun liked the trigger and it was in the compact size with med grip when I tried it out. Popped about 500 rounds through it so far and its a nice shooter. Plus it was cheaper than another XDm as the wife is starting like that one!!

My philosphy is another gun doesn't hurt!!

I talked to Sig Friday and they are selling the 9mm conversion kit for 369 still a bit high but the price has dropped considerably so maybe Sig has smarted up a bit cause it was like 470 which why the heck wouldnt I buy another gun?

Looking at this being the carry for the time being as the wife might start carrying the XDm instead of her P232.
Don't get me started again. Being a Sig owner I love the guns, but, this decision by the Sig snobs to remove the terrific SP2022 from the line simply because it was an all polymer frame pistol was ridiculous. They sold 700,000 of these to the French after testing and everybody liked them. The idea to replace it with the P250 was like replacing apples with oranges.

I do like the CONCEPT of modular pistols but as has already been said: the cost is prohibitive.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
M100 since you own one can you give madcap a better idea of what can be swapped once you get a complete gun? Also, very very few dealers are stocking all the pieces so it's hard to get a good idea of what one you really want since you can't just go in and try it on in the various combos.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I saw one at the local gun shop in desert digital camo, so of course I had to handle it. Without firing it, I hated everything about it. The trigger was a long DAO with no other options, the thing just felt cheap, like a toy, and well...unless I was playing cowboys & indians for some reason, I can't see much use for it. I definitely would look elsewhere if I wanted to fire real bullets. I gave it back really fast and instantly thought Sig was bought by a chinese company or something. Felt like a huge step down from my old Sig SP2340.

Of course, I didn't fire it...but then again, it didn't feel like it would shoot real bullets so I don't think I ever would either...

EDIT: No offense to people who like this thing...it's just that there are way better handling Airsoft pistols...IMHO of course.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
A buddy owns one which I have put a few rounds through.

I'll be brief:
The trigger is an ultra-smooth DAO that is also very light. The downfall is that it is a very long trigger pull with an equally long reset. It is a pleasure to pull it though.

The interchangeable aspect does not impress me. At 350+ for a conversion it is not worth it to me.

Other than that, IT'S A SIG! (I say that in a positive way.)

·
Registered
563 Posts
I got one of the first P250s around here, and though I liked it, it's not good enough to REPLACE the SIG PRO series (which I own one of). They should be sold together because as someone else noted, they're different product lines. Over time, I really couldn't justify having two SIG 9mms and I needed a trail gun, so one needed to go and it certainly wasn't going to be my loved and long-serving SIG PRO so the P250 turned into a GLOCK 20. Not quite the modularity SIG had in mind but served me much better. ;)

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I got one of the first P250s around here, and though I liked it, it's not good enough to REPLACE the SIG PRO series (which I own one of). They should be sold together because as someone else noted, they're different product lines. Over time, I really couldn't justify having two SIG 9mms and I needed a trail gun, so one needed to go and it certainly wasn't going to be my loved and long-serving SIG PRO so the P250 turned into a GLOCK 20. Not quite the modularity SIG had in mind but served me much better. ;)
as a fellow proud owner of a glock 20 and former sig pro owner, i am in full agreement with your decision!

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Anybody know if the sights on the tactical camo version are high enough to see over a silencer?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts