Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to briefly fondle one of these babies yesterday....oh man, I'm in love. The SRT is everything you guys said it was and the 226 feel was like an old friend returning.

This one goes on the list...not the list of guns I am likely to get and plan/scheme for, but the one that if the opportunity arises and I can pull it off, I will bite...and the punitive measures taken against afterward me be damned!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
It's one of my favorite full size gun that has lots of nice features: night sights with a TFO up front, beaver tail, mag well grips, (4) 20rd 9mm mags and short reset- SRT. I replaced the stock trigger with the short version. The gun shoots very well and runs through ammo like a machine gun.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
My 226 is very high on my list. Its a sweet shooter for sure.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I was able to briefly fondle one of these babies yesterday....oh man, I'm in love. The SRT is everything you guys said it was and the 226 feel was like an old friend returning.

This one goes on the list...not the list of guns I am likely to get and plan/scheme for, but the one that if the opportunity arises and I can pull it off, I will bite...and the punitive measures taken against afterward me be damned!
Interested in a .40s&w ???

·
Registered
28 Posts
My father has one of these and oh man....if he ever allows it I'm stealing it away from him. Such a sweet shooting weapon.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Awesome guns, perfection is spelled Sig P226.

Just a tip, you can get a MK25 for mid 800, do the SRT yourself for 50 bucks, and order Hogue magwell grips for 100 or so. Under a grand and you have the phosphate coated internals of the MK25, the cool anchor on the side, and all the TACOPS features.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Awesome guns, perfection is spelled Sig P226.

Just a tip, you can get a MK25 for mid 800, do the SRT yourself for 50 bucks, and order Hogue magwell grips for 100 or so. Under a grand and you have the phosphate coated internals of the MK25, the cool anchor on the side, and all the TACOPS features.

Well... most of the tac ops features. No TRUGLO fiber optic front sight, and the MK25 only comes in 9mm. That said, you can get the Sig plastic mag we'll grips for around $30, so if price is the issue, that might be the better way to go.

Just buy my lovingly used one for $800 and call it done! http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255703

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Well... most of the tac ops features. No TRUGLO fiber optic front sight, and the MK25 only comes in 9mm. That said, you can get the Sig plastic mag we'll grips for around $30, so if price is the issue, that might be the better way to go.

Just buy my lovingly used one for $800 and call it done! For Sale Sig Sauer P226 Tactical Operations .40S&W with Extras $800 Shipped - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!
You're correct and don't sell that Sig!

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
What are you looking to buy SW?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'm buying a P229 in 9mm, which will be the primary training sidearm and HD gun of the blonde who is trying to eliminate my singlehood. She gave up on the Glock 19 Gen 3 that she had, and if I wanted to shoot a glock all the time I wouldn't have so many CZs!

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I'm buying a P229 in 9mm, which will be the primary training sidearm and HD gun of the blonde who is trying to eliminate my singlehood. She gave up on the Glock 19 Gen 3 that she had, and if I wanted to shoot a glock all the time I wouldn't have so many CZs!
If I had one I'd swap with you. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts