Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Beretta 92 LNIB. It's only had the factory test rounds down the pipe. I have the opportunity to sell it, add $100 and get a "red box" P226. I know the Sig is a refurb but it looks brand new. Both guns are 9mm.

I bought and sold and traded a few things to get to this point with the Beretta at no great expense. My goal was to get a 226, but when the time came the refurbs were not available. One turned up at my local shop and they are holding it for me for a few days until I decide...which I thought was very nice of them.

The longer I have the Beretta, the more I'm leaning toward keeping it and passing on the Sig.

No single reason to own either....maybe try one of them in IDPA as I'm tired of buying .45 ammo.

Any opinions as to which to keep would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
I have one question for you...

Where was the Beretta manufactured? US or Italy?? If Italy, keep the Beretta, if US, trade it out.

My friend is a Beretta whore and Im a Sig junkie. They are both nice, but even he concedes that the Sigs (especially my W.german 228) is a better built gun than the US Beretta models.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one question for you...

Where was the Beretta manufactured? US or Italy?? If Italy, keep the Beretta, if US, trade it out.

My friend is a Beretta whore and Im a Sig junkie. They are both nice, but even he concedes that the Sigs (especially my W.german 228) is a better built gun than the US Beretta models.
It's a US gun.
I appreciate the input!

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Get the Sig...I have never really liked the feel and 'shootability' of the Beretta, but the Sig...very nice!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'd vote Sig. I've shot both various times. I the Beretta is ok. nothing to write home about. The Sig is fantastic! just feels like a better crafted pistol, and shoots better for me.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
I would go for a Sig over a Beretta any day.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Drop the US Beretta like a hot potato and get the Sig...you won't look back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well I'm not a sig person, but if you want to get rid of the beretta let me know. I was planning on buying a beretta in the future. Plus what's the difference in the Italy version then the US's one?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
For me I happen to like them both and feel everyone should have at least one Beretta and one SIG to make a collection complete. I currently own 3 Beretta's All US made guns and have never had a single stoppage of any kind with any of them. All are Police specials 2 Centurians 1 D and 1 FS and 1 Full sized FS. I prefer the Centurians to the full sized gun. All are more accurate than I am and all fit my hands like a glove. The SIG required me to change my grip otherwise I deactivate the slide stop but otherwise is accurate as hell in my hands and reliable as the Beretta's.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Until I got my sig p239 I really liked the wifes M9(92F). Get the sig, if your indifferent to either then that tells me you don't feel strongly about the beretta and this gives you a chance to grab a gun that you will enjoy shooting.

Cheers

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Both are very good hi-cap 9mms.

Still, I think the P226 sits better in the hand and is not as thick and chunky feeling as the 92 Beretta. I don't care for the 92's safety way up on the slide and not easy to get at.

Yeah, between the two...if I HAD to choose....I'd go P226, but really, if you are comfortable with the girth of the 92F, they're very good shooters. They just don't fit my hands.

BTW, in my 9mm stable...I don't have a 92 Beretta anymore but DO have a nice W. German P228 SIG and would never sell it....ever.

I still have a 96F, which is the same gun in 40 caliber, so I am very familiar with the piece. Not my favorite 40 caliber pistol, though.

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I appreciate the input. I knew the Sig would be preferred...but I did not know by how much!

Hopefully, I'll be able to sell it and the Sig will still be around.

Thanks for all of the input. It is very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was actually able to trade the Beretta for a used (but in very good condition) 226 (with night sights) even. I appreciate the input.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts