Springfield XD Forum banner

Sig owners.....step inside please.....

839 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Brickboy240 
#1 ·
has anyone here had any issues with their takedown lever on their sig pistols????

i was just reading over on SigFourm and ARF.com about problems with Sigs new style takedown levers....

its the levers that have the recessed, circular indent around the retaining pin...

apparently this is some part Sig outsourced to Argentina or some-damn-where and there have been failures all over the place with the lever coming loose and locking up the slide....

i havent had any problems so far but will be emailing SigTech and asking them about it....

good grief.....whats wrong with these companies, "cheaper" is not always "better"......:confused:

#2 ·
I have not had a problem with it coming loose rather some days it is the opposite.

#3 ·
If you haven't had any problems then what in the world are you going to ask them?

#5 ·
i do like sigs, sadly all i have is a singular p6, but i am a big fan though not uber nerd reading up on every nuance and detail, so i cant say i have heard of this take down lever problem

form your readings when did this begin, my mom and cousin both bought p239 around 2003 and 2005 respectively. Never heard of any problems with their p239s.

#6 ·
I love my SIG. It's my primary carry weapon. The only problem I've had is with a dim front sight. I e-mailed their tech support group, they e-mailed back a UPS label, I sent my slide in and had it back with new night sights in about a week. Didn't cost me a penny. I would trust SIG to make any problems right. :D:D

#8 ·
Sig has been having QC problems since they made the big shift to New Hampshire. That's why all mine are W.German :mrgreen:

#9 ·
Never had that problem out of my P225, P228 or P220...ever.

In fact, this is the first time I have heard of it. Maybe the newer solid slide SIGs are experienceing this malady, but I don't know of anyone with an older W. German or Swiss made SIG (like mine) that have this problem.

All my SIG P-series guns are older...early 80s and my P228 was made in 1991. You would think that if that problem was going to happen...it would show up by now, but no.

- Brickboy240

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.