Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just looking for some thoughts on the Sig Sauer M400 and the S&W M&P15.
I will be getting either this weekend and was wondering what some others experiences with these have been.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I hear the M&P is much more rifle for the money.

·
Registered
921 Posts
You wont get anything from the Sig that you wont get from the S&W. Sig is a good brand, no doubt, but Sig only just got into AR's S&W have been doing AR's for years.

·
Registered
838 Posts
The S&W brand is as venerable as Sig if not moreso. The M&P15 I bought has been a flawless shooter, very accurate , great fit and finish and available at pretty reasonable prices from many sources.

Sig is OK but dollar for dollar, mho is the Smith wins out.;)

·
Registered
328 Posts
I can't say much for the Sig but the S&W M&P15 I had was a quality made rifle. It's offered in several configurations to suit just about every taste including caliber. I never had any issues with the one I had and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one!

·
Registered
192 Posts
You wont get anything from the Sig that you wont get from the S&W. Sig is a good brand, no doubt, but Sig only just got into AR's S&W have been doing AR's for years.
+1

The only reason to buy a SIG is to get an external gas/piston system (like the SIG 556). If your going to buy the (flawed) internal gas system, might as well get an American company like S&W or Colt.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a M&P15T which I swapped out few things like the barrel, but it has never given me any issues. As for the Sig, not sure about the new 400, but I've had 2 buddies who had issues with the Sig 556 suffering from FTEs. Maybe I'm biased but can't go wrong with S&W

1 - 11 of 11 Posts