Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a used Sig P226 (DA/SA) from a divorcee whose ex-husband had moved back to Europe.

This Sig P226 came with a plastic case and two 15 rounds magazines. Looks nearly new, is immaculately clean... almost like it has never (or very seldom) been fired.

It is stamped "Made in Germany" and there is (what I believe to be) a proof stamp on the slide below the guide rod. Two small images, top one looks a bit like an exploding WWII bomb, the next stamped image almost looks like a Darth Vader helmet with a tiny "N" stamped immediately below it. Below those two images is stamped "KB"... I believe the "K" refers to 9 and the "B" is a year stamp, but I don't know the year codes. S/N is U449XXX. Barrel is stamped "9mm Para" The trigger is grooved, which I think pushes it toward one of the earlier years of manufacture.

If anybody knows the Sig markings, year codes and/or serial numbers, I'd appreciate any information.

I will post pics when we get some sunny weather for picture taking.

Oh yeah... the lady wanted $100 for it (she just wanted it out of her house)... I felt like a heel at that price and paid her $200. She was quite happy, but I still feel a bit like a thief. :-?

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Awesome find. Can you post pics? I'll see if I can dig up some info on it.

·
Registered
29,759 Posts
The "N" rollmark means it's rated/tested for smokeless powder (Nitrocellulose).
The "exploding bomb" means that it was tested at the Kiel proofhouse.

The "KB" is probably a datecode; if it's anything like HK's, it means the pistol was manufactured in 1991. Which would make sense, because if it was manufactured much earlier, it would be marked "West Germany" and not just "Germany".

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
Nice find... It is a 1991 W.German Sig... Congrats. They are the best Sigs out there.

We need pics!!!

BTW... The date code table for sigs is:
A-0
B-1
C-2
D-3
E-4
F-5
G-6
H-7
J-8
K-9

My W. German P228 is a 89.. They are SWEET shooters.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
$200 like new Sig. Merry Christmas my friend!

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Great pistol. One of the best hi-cap 9mms out there...no doubt about it.

The KB on the front of the slide means 1991 manufacture. I have a KB dated P228 9mm and its one of my favorite pistols.

I really think the SIG P-series guns from the late 80s and early to mid 90s were some of the best pistols SIG ever made. I own three of them and if I come across a nicely priced P226....yeah...I'll add it to the collection.

Enjoy it....the P226 is one of the sweetest shooting 9mms out there. Accurate and very reliable.

- brickboy240

1 - 11 of 11 Posts