Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Sig 220 stainless at a gun show, it's shooting about 6" low at 15 yards. This is not from a sandbag but from a braced position. The gun was previously owned but appears to never have been shot, although it has Hogue grips instead of Sig. Should I spring for adjustable rear sights or taller rear fixed sights; I've never had this problem with fixed sight autos before. I'll let someone else shoot the gun before I do anything.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are you aware that a Sig is set up so that you need to cover the bullseye with the front sight?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, this is my first Sig. I've been shooting 6'oclock. I thought maybe the previous owner had put a shorter rear sight on, although there are no marks of any kind. I'll try covering the target with the front sight. This is also my first gun with two vertical dot sights.;)

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
TBxd,

Welcome to XD Talk!

It sounds like you have a bad Sig. That is sad.

I will help you out. Simply send the gun to me and I'll take good care of it and provide it with a loving home.

Thank you,
Chapie+

Nope, this is my first Sig. I've been shooting 6'oclock. I thought maybe the previous owner had put a shorter rear sight on, although there are no marks of any kind. I'll try covering the target with the front sight. This is also my first gun with two vertical dot sights.;)

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
True, many SIGs come with lower front sights and they hit low, using a 6 oclock hold. Annoying to those of us that are wired for using a 6 o'clock hold!

However, all SIG front sights are numbered and its easy to replace a front sight with a shorter or taller unit to bring the groups up or down.

...something to consider. Not the end of the world...but very fixable.

- Brickboy240

1 - 6 of 6 Posts