Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up my first 1911 and took it right to the range.

I ran 150 rounds through it and love it!

Pros: smooth trigger, came with four 8 round magazines, great trijicon tritium sights, large magazine release.

Cons: I feel like the slide release is a little too far forward, I can reach it but it's just beyond what I think is comfortable and friends with smaller hands had issues, not a huge deal because you can still slingshot the slide shut when loaded but I had to have at least one con...well the 8 rounds go way too fast because it is so fun to shoot!

I don't have a lot of experience with other 1911's so I don't know how it compares but as a handgun in general the quality is top notch, it's accurate, and fun!

Some pics:

Oh and don't worry I also support SA, I picked up a SOCOM 16 that I will review when I get some pics, all I can say is I love it and holy crap is it loud!

·
Registered
114 Posts
That is a nice looking pistol. I have never had any dealings withan external extractor. What pattern is the ejected brass?

·
Registered
747 Posts
The external extractor has been my one worry point of the sig 1911 line. They look frigin amazing, and they have the railed commander line which is awesome, but the external extractor is the departure from the standard 1911 design that concerns me. I have heard of the pin that holds the extractor in place slipping and grinding on the frame rail leading to a possible stoppage during firing.

I am not sure of the frequency of this, however, and feel that if it was that much of a design issue then sig probably would have fixed it by now.

Sweet piece, I would love to get my hands on one.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll have to look at the brass the next time I go, I didn't have any failures in the 150 rounds of cheap target ammo I ran through it but that obviously isn't enough to draw any real conclusions as to the reliability or durability.

I love the heavy weight of ths thing! It feels so solid when carrying or firing!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So now I am thinking maybe I should have got it with the threaded barrel. Anyone know a supplier who carries Sig 1911 threaded barrels?

I didn't see it on Sig's site but I'm assuming you could order one through them.

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm back and have had the oppertunity to get some more range time on this baby.

It fires like a dream, I don't think any one who I have let shot it has said anything other than they want one for their next handgun purchase!

Now to get some more 10 round mags so the fun doesn't end so quickly!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice looking gun, I've been thinking about trying one of these out. I wonder how they compare to the GSR series.

I had an original Sig GSR that I had a bunch of custom work done to. It was really picky about mags though. I LOVED the way the gun looked, but I just could not fire the thing worth a damn. I never really understood why...despite the 5" barrel I could out shoot it all day long with my 3 5/8" Wilson Sentinel. I eventually sold it, but I've been jonesing for a 5" 1911 ever since!

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Congrats! I've really been looking hard at one of those. I haven't got to shoot one yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts