Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Sig 1911 in nickel PVD finish this week. Picked her up from the FFL and absolutely love it. She's my first 1911. I have shot it yet but from reviews I expect her to be a blast. The mags that the firearm comes it's leave a lot to be desired with their cheap plastic floor plates but the firearms for and finish is top notch. I will post pics when I get home tomorrow from the firehouse. I'm psyched. Now to get to the range.

I will say sig sends these things out soaking wet with oil. Stripped her down totally and greased her up. The action smoothed out considerably more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Easy easy. I said I'd post pics tomorrow and a range report when I get there lol

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There ya go, in all her beauty.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Not normally a fan of railed 1911's. But Dang she is a beauty!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Get some Wilson combat mags and you'll be set!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Way ahead of you.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Congrats...looks really nice!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, so loaded up a mag and while removing it to do some dry firing the base pad literally broke off in my hand.

I knew they were crap but c'mon they've never been used or dropped. Both are actually broken upon further inspection. Sig you make a quality firearm but these mags are a ******* joke.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Sigs make an awesome 1911.. (other than its a series 80) I had a scorpion 1911 till I traded it for a ruger sr1911. the only thing I had problems with was the light recoil spring. I installed a heavier spring and never had any problems again. my buddy had the same problem with his stx 1911. same scenario.. he put a heavier recoil spring in his and it ran beautifully.
If your gonna go Wilson Combat.. might i suggest the ETM mag. I have a few of them and I love em.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Wow, that's a good looking gun. Congrats on the Sig 1911, I've owned a couple and they're great guns.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Good looking gun.

And for the life of me I can't figure out what's so hard about making a good 1911 magazine for 20 bucks though...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's not hard, however when you can make a quality one and get 40 bucks for it wouldn't you?

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Good looking gun.

And for the life of me I can't figure out what's so hard about making a good 1911 magazine for 20 bucks though...
You can.. I buy the Springfield 7 round mags for about $15 a piece and they have ran just fine but to put them up against my wilson ETM mags you can see the difference in quality. Also its like buying anything with a name good name behind it.. your paying $$ for the name.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Seems that way a lot of times. I need toget some more CMC's. Probably the best bang for buck 8 rounders I can think of.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Congrats, good looking 1911. I wonder if Sig has changed mag manufacturers, I've a couple of their guns and the mags have worked as designed. I'd give Sig a call and see if they will send replacements.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I set an email however I am going to give them a shout tomorrow. I'll post back with my results.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts