Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In looking to put optics on my AK I know I want a mount that attaches to the receiver. (not the receiver cover) the previous owner for the AK I have had a side rail on it, but I guess kept it when he sold the AK to the gun shop. so I have holes already drilled and tapped in the receiver. Ideally I would like to use these holes as it seems it would be the easiest and most logical thing to do, my problem is that I have no idea where to get these rails, and what one would match the hole pattern already in my receiver. So I hope some of you can help me. here is a pic of my receiver with the holes, any guidance anyone can give me would be great

The other option I have found in my searching is the B-Square mount that replaces the trigger and hammer pin. I am also open to peoples opinions on this option too.

thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
that is an odd patern for a scope rail?

nice rifle btw is that a chinease?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is, Norinco. I am beginning to think that I am just going to have to drill new holes and use one of the rails already linked...I cant seem to find anything with the hole pattern that is already there.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
einheit dropped the ball on an AK question? Where's my calendar...

Any thoughts on what kind of optics you're going to put on it?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Didn't even think about it being Chinese. This should have been the scope rail on the side. At least this is the the one that my NHM-91 has on it.
can I see a pic of your NHM-91? I have that rail in my hand and I can not figure out where it would go on the receiver without having to mod it....also, how would I go about attaching that?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
can I see a pic of your NHM-91? I have that rail in my hand and I can not figure out where it would go on the receiver without having to mod it....also, how would I go about attaching that?
That rail wasn't on your rifle. The hole pattern is different.

You should visit Tantal's page and find the one that most closely matches your hole pattern.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That rail wasn't on your rifle. The hole pattern is different.

You should visit Tantal's page and find the one that most closely matches your hole pattern.
Ive been there and cant find any rail that matches the hole pattern in my rifle. I have posted pics on a couple other boards and cant find any that match the hole pattern.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Its a weird lay out. I wonder if it was one like BWest and Navy Arms use to use, those things are serious hen's teeth. You can see the slight outline of the rail that was on it at one time. I'd seriously get a 'modern' AK-74 type rail and redrill it.Worst thing that could happen is that you'd have to go see a 'smith and have him fill any of the old holes that are in the way or lrft uncovered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts