Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
requesting any hands on side by Side reviews. Any gun may apply. Plenty of side by sides with the XDS available.

Specifically asking for a XDSC vs Mod2 review.

Is the XDSC officially cannibalized by the younger sibling?
Do I need to trade in the XDSC 40?

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I can't be the only one not thrilled with this development. There is a reason I don't own a Glock.
requesting any hands on side by Side reviews. Any gun may apply. Plenty of side by sides with the XDS available.

Specifically asking for a XDSC vs Mod2 review.

Is the XDSC officially cannibalized by the younger sibling?
Do I need to trade in the XDSC 40?
If your having problems locating the grip on your current XD I say go for the MOD.2.

If your aware of the place to grip your XD; send it to James and get some TFO's on it.

Reactions: Arney

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Hickok45 Shoots both

kypix

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Ajames did a great review... Mine's not nearly as detailed as his, or as graphic as Hickok45's and was side-by-side with my XDMc (which I traded my XDsc for a few years back), but okay...

I got to shoot one at the local range yesterday side-by-side with my XDMc (which I totally enjoy shooting) and if I didn't already have an XDMc, I'd buy the SC Mod2. It fits my hand just fine, it shoots just as nicely (and accurately) as my XDMc, the factory undercut of the trigger guard allows for a little more middle finger comfort and I kinda like the FO Front Sight.

I don't use grip tape/traction grips on any of my pistols, so the actual texturing of the grips is okay, but kinda lost on me. I can see some people actually complaining that the texture is too rough (as I've seen complained about with other brands/models).

Anyway... The Mod2 is a good little pistol to shoot.

Reactions: gunsaddict

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the honest replies.
Good to hear the gun is probably going to be a good addition to the xd lineup but no need to trade anything in at this point. I have the xd40 sc and conversion barrel for 9. Not going anywhere

·
Registered
31 Posts
My current carry pistol is a S&W M&P9c. But after just buying a Mod 2 the M&P may be replaced. The Mod 2 is slightly smaller, here are a couple photos.
DSC02794.JPG
DSC02790.JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts