Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered one of these from Tomars for $50. Yes it's gimmicky but fun. Who doesn't like zombie movies and The Walking Dead? I'm no blade snob and this thing has gotten good reviews as far as all around use and it's affordable.

Review.

The Zombies Are Coming...

:D I stole this pick from the guy on ESEE forums I wanted to buy from but he was sold out. He does have a few of the others left I think for $47.00.

KABAR ZK War Sword

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

War Sword ... Cool
Hahaha!:lol: That's awesome.

Did you read the review?

What's funny is I was totally expecting to get flamed by blade snobs. Still waiting.:D

I thought it would be a fun blade to have because we always talk about the zombie apocalypse in a metaphorically speaking manner.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Awesome! I added a machete to my zombie preps a few years ago, now I need a tactical tomahawk!

·
Registered
18,141 Posts

my SOG commonly referred to as the "BSK" or big scary knife by the neighborhood kids.

one of the kids from across the street saw me unbox it and his eyes got all big. he said "IS THAT EVEN LEGAL?"

it was funny.

·
Registered
542 Posts

my SOG commonly referred to as the "BSK" or big scary knife by the neighborhood kids.

one of the kids from across the street saw me unbox it and his eyes got all big. he said "IS THAT EVEN LEGAL?"

it was funny.
I was looking at SOGs the other day, man are they expensive. I ended up getting a KA-BAR. Thats a nice one there for sure.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Hahaha!:lol: That's awesome.

Did you read the review?

What's funny is I was totally expecting to get flamed by blade snobs. Still waiting.:D

I thought it would be a fun blade to have because we always talk about the zombie apocalypse in a metaphorically speaking manner.
LOL, never listen to the snobs of any ilk! They're no fun, and usually don't have a clue anyway ... Nothing wrong with having some stuff that's both fun/cool and will very probably be useful in a "pinch". K-Bar makes good stuff. I've had my eye on their machete.

I've got a Meyerco 22" machete that looks like a pirate's cutlass. I love that thing! Everybody else thinks it's stupid. :rolleyes:

Never know, if and when I make it off "the road" and get to the coast, I might it need to board the king's galleon and get me some booty, aargh ;)

Here's a picture of my current SHTF BOBs (L to R .. medical bag, my BOB, wife's BOB, GHB/fanny pack), and weapons. The machete is at the bottom. That's a Meyerco machete-axe handle sticking out of the top of the bag in the middle. It's a really cool blade, too.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
FYI Amazon also has them. I have way too many knives, Like ammo cans full of them, then a 18x14x6" box for the big ones, then 8 sitting on top of the safe that do not fit the box, so yeah I am a knife head. As for the new zombie lineup... I could not even find them on KAbars website, but I am sure it will still be great knife, one thing kabar does is give you plenty of good blade for the money. The size and shape of this looks similar to the BK9 or Becker 9" which I own both, and is a solid stout knife. As for size comparisons. It will be about the size of the 5th knife from the right (black blade/ handle). Let us know what you think when you get it, Im still debating the purchase, but am tying to not to be tempted on stuff right now.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Awesome SOG bonehead. Looks like my wish list is getting longer.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
that SOG is surprisingly affordable. like 30 bucks or something on amazon.

I wish it didn't have the saw on the back and it was carbon steel. SOG is supposed to have good stainless though. I have it pretty sharp so I need to see how it does over time.

·
Registered
324 Posts
FYI Amazon also has them. I have way too many knives, Like ammo cans full of them, then a 18x14x6" box for the big ones, then 8 sitting on top of the safe that do not fit the box, so yeah I am a knife head. As for the new zombie lineup... I could not even find them on KAbars website, but I am sure it will still be great knife, one thing kabar does is give you plenty of good blade for the money. The size and shape of this looks similar to the BK9 or Becker 9" which I own both, and is a solid stout knife. As for size comparisons. It will be about the size of the 5th knife from the right (black blade/ handle). Let us know what you think when you get it, Im still debating the purchase, but am tying to not to be tempted on stuff right now.

Oh, I see evidence of a sickness, mah chillins. Teh spoolup's got a bad case of it. ;)

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Nice! Clearly we have another ESEE man.:D

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that SOG is surprisingly affordable. like 30 bucks or something on amazon.

I wish it didn't have the saw on the back and it was carbon steel. SOG is supposed to have good stainless though. I have it pretty sharp so I need to see how it does over time.
I have a SOGfari 13" machete. It has great balance. Nice SOG you got there.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Man that was fast! I ordered from Tomars Friday and got it yesterday. I'll post pics up later.

:D

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
spoolup nice collection! what's the eye poker 2nd from the left?

·
Registered
413 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
srkw apparently is pretty close to me, i had no clue. im definitely going to have to check them out.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts