Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the liquor store today and had an most unsettling realization. OH crap I have enough ammo but I haven't been stocking up on liquor. I really need to make room in my "bug out bag" for some alcohol.

Any one else stocking up on your favorite adult beverage?

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Not for drinking ... But I do have a stash.

From a barter perspective, those little bottles they use on airplanes, are a great item to possess, and the bigger bottles, well ... Watch a few westerns ;)

I like beer :D

·
Registered
768 Posts
Heh, I might drink a six pack a year. If it's a busy year.

I've thought about learning to brew and/or distill just because I like to learn new things but I haven't gotten around to it. Not sure if I will but it's on the list.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not for drinking ... But I do have a stash.

From a barter perspective, those little bottles they use on airplanes, are a great item to possess, and the bigger bottles, well ... Watch a few westerns ;)

I like beer :D
I like beer as well. I don't think it keeps as well as whiskey.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Jack and Crown are always ready for SHTF :D

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Depends on the S and how hard it hits. I would probably steer clear of booze or limit it a 1/2 pint or pint. When the world goes to Shi....cago, depression will strike you before the bad guys. Having a bottle of stupid juice won't improve your odds of survival.

Now if you're talking about the end of the world type S, then it's probably better to have a collapsible 5gal jug, fermentation lock, yeast and a source of sugar.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I have a bottle of isopropyl alcohol in the med bag. Keep forgetting to swing by the liquor store to pick up a bottle of Ever Clear.

I would most likely not use Ever Clear for recreational purposes, but if things were going badly, then maybe.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Depends on the S and how hard it hits. I would probably steer clear of booze or limit it a 1/2 pint or pint. When the world goes to Shi....cago, depression will strike you before the bad guys. Having a bottle of stupid juice won't improve your odds of survival.

Now if you're talking about the end of the world type S, then it's probably better to have a collapsible 5gal jug, fermentation lock, yeast and a source of sugar.
It's a barter item, and does have medicinal uses, if the Isopropyl runs low.

And I agree, I'd not be drinking stupid juice if things are BAD.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Maybe a very little bit, but if I am carrying this bag to far the Alcohol can go, to much weight.
That's what's great about the little airline bottles.
Tough plastic , small/light weight, and at least four uses ... Drink, Barter, Burn, Medical.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Good barter item and I do enjoy a good drink every now and then. My wife actually after getting more on board after watching the movie Contagion said distilling would be a good PAW skill.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Good barter item and I do enjoy a good drink every now and then. My wife actually after getting more on board after watching the movie Contagion said distilling would be a good PAW skill.
When I lived in Saudi Arabia, back in the eighties, there were no liquor stores. So, western expats would make bathtub gin with grape juice, sugar, and baking yeast. Literally in their bathtubs. A lot of people gave themselves serious cases of diarrhea by drinking that stuff, but some folks got pretty good at it, and made some tasty wine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts