Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am wondering who makes a good shoulder holster. Got a wedding for a friend that I'm gonna bf in and I need a shoulder holster so I can carry there. I know it sounds crazy to carry at a wedding but I don't like the thought of not having a gun on me when I'm out and about. Also about how much do they usually cost. I'm lookin for a leather one. Or if anybody knows something better please let me know. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Super Tuck works just fine. Shoulder rigs are for mall ninjas.

·
Registered
29,594 Posts
Super Tuck works just fine. Shoulder rigs are for mall ninjas.
I would disagree with that. There are times when shoulder rigs are a good option (long drives, for example). And in this case, tuxes usally don't have belts to keep a IWB holster securely in place.

The thing about shoulder rigs is, though, is that a good one is not cheap; usually $100 and up. Galco makes good ones.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I'd clear it with your friend and his bride to be, before carrying at thier wedding.
Don't you think you're going to want to take your coat off during the reception?

Best bet, if you can afford it, is to look for a pocket pistol you can use for such occasions.
Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec P3AT or PF9, Kahr PM9, just to name a few.

I just sold a Galco Miami Classic for my Sig P229 I had for 4 years.
I wore it a total of 6 times in that 4 years.
A couple long driving trips and winter dog walks.

If you must go the way of the shoulder holster, look in the classifieds or eBay.
I'd stay away from the cheap nylon, for they print pretty badly.
As Cuda stated Galco would be your best bet.

These are the three shoulder holsters Galco makes:
The Miami Classic holds the mags vertical.

Miami Classic II holds them horizontal.
the MC II also has wider straps.

They also make a classic lite that one holds one spare mag.

Many of the good custom holster makers make some really nice shoulder rigs, but your looking at $200 and up with a 6 to 12 (or more) month turnaround time.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have the Galco Miami classic and I love it! I did find that because I was not used to wearing shoulder rigs after a few hours it bothered me to the point where I'd have to take it off. Not because of the holster but me. After I got used to wearing it enough I was able to wear it for over 8 hours with no problem. Of course I was also carrying a Glock 22 with 2 loaded mags on the other side so I wasn't carrying very light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts