Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your thoughts on leather vs synthetic/nylon shoulder holsters. I have a nylon, and like the light weight and flexibility, but it seems the leather may be more comfortable. Wondering about the extra weight, shoulder straps have to be more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
127,264 Posts
What will you be carrying in your shoulder rig? When I worked for the government I carried a Browning Hi-Power in a shoulder holster and have to admit it's not my favorite carry method. It doesn't provide enough stability for my liking.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I have a Galco Miami Classic for one of my sig P229s.
I've owned it for 4 years and I've worn it 4 times..;)

It is comfortable, but I prefer OWB on my belt.
The shoulder holster is only used in cold weather, dog walks and such, when I'm wearing a coat or jacket.
Or on long trips driving, vacations ans such.

I like leather holsters.
I don't care for nylon or kydex, but I'm kinda snobby when it come to holsters, or guns for that matter...:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think it depends on the use.

I LOVE shoulder rigs when I'm in and out of my vehicle all day.

If I'm out walking around the woods all day then I prefer the stability and ergonomics of OWB carry.

Leather for pleasure, synthetic for everything else.

-Casey

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have a nylon for a Colt Officers Model.Don't use it much any more. as there are many very good IWBs now then years back. it did take a while to get used to the holster following the gun when ever it was drawn at speed. and was a 2 hand job to re-holster

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think shoulder holsters are so underrated. People think it's just for Miami Vice fans or whatever, but it's very good at a couple specific tasks. Take Bianchi's X15 for example; you can carry a Goverment Model unnoticed and still get to it very rapidly in a seated position. I don't know any goblin that wants to get 10 rounds of .38 Super in the face.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts