Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on a shoulder holster for a tuxedo? As you may know, a tuxedo has no belt. I wear my tuxedo with suspenders and that is why I need a shoulder holster. I was thinking a Don Hume...

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I've heard good things about the Galco Miami Classic. I never got around to picking one up, but I've heard its one of the best out there.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
wear a cummerbund ;) lots of holsters would work under one of those

·
Registered
9,629 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ask James Bond. I bet he'd have some good recommendations for you. He posts on here occasionally.

·
Registered
261 Posts
You didn't mention the firearm you would be carrying, but under a tux I would go with a smaller frame model. Of course the classic formal wear gun would be the Walther PPK .380.

I own a Miami Classic II for a Sig P229 and while it is a fine rig I wouldn't consider it for under a tux due to the fitted nature of formal wear.

My first choice for a shoulder rig would be K.L. Knull Holsters. His rigs aren't as well known as some of the larger outfits, but are first class. His shoulder rig was originally designed to carry an Automatic Ingram's MAC 10, for government agents and required custom fitting for the wearer. His shoulder rigs are extremely comfortable which I can't say is common for that type of rig.

My second choice would be Andrew's Leather, but anything would be a distant second to Null.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
This. Any tux that properly fits you will not conceal a gun in a shoulder rig worth a darn.
Just out of curiosity, since I don't have a shoulder rig, what ends up printing? Is it the straps or gun?

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
The gun prints. I guess maybe if you're a large (as in thick front to back) person it might not be terrible. Shoulder holsters with a vertical draw seem to print a little bit less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts