Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend one? Or give me a link to a few that are made for the XD? I have an XD 40 service model.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I can recommend AGAINST one...

The Fobus shoulder harness.

Piece of crap that is too flimsy for Fobus' passive retention in the holsters that are supposed to connect to it. Looked great though. Fobus says they sell a more expensive version that is sturdier. Well great. Screw you guys.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Best shoulder rigs I have used are the Galco models. Both the Miami and the Jackass are worth the money. Galco has finally come out with XD models and I just placed my order for a new holster component for my rig.
It's one of the few brands that I can wear comfortably all day.

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
The Bianchi X-15 model has been around for a long time, I've had one or two over the years. They are well made, basic shoulder holsters.

bd

·
Registered
278 Posts
jpxj94 said:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?sku=ZAP-101&mscssid=K8W8X0JCJCTW9LRQMGM4DQV80E3SERB3

Only $9.97 baby, it's gotta be good!!!

P.S. Stop looking at me like that. And put down that extreme guide rod...
I actually have this holster and it isn't that bad. It fits my XD-40 4" perfect and is comfortable and conceals well with a jacket, and it is $10. If you don't like it you haven't lost much.
I was thinking that "Hell, if the holster don't fit atleast you got mag pouches." It's also a pain in the ass if I want to holster my XD and shoot my 422 or vise versa, my 422 doesn't fit in my Kydex at all and I would rather not strap my other one on as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wow I may have to check that $10 rig, it will go good with my "$8 range bag" I don't know why but I am laughing as I write this :lol: It does look like it's worth a try though

·
Registered
813 Posts
I was going to do some shopping at the Galco website, then realized that their factory is in Phoenix and I am flying down there for xmas with the family. :)
Doing a roadtrip.

·
Registered
678 Posts
First off, I am half an idiot so take my opinion with that in mind..

I REALLY like this shoulder holster. I am 5' 6" and I had to adjust it a little bit, but I like this soooo much better than the uncle mikes that I had (I know Uncle Mike is a mook)..

Shoulders are comfortable, the pouch holds two mags and on top of that when I got my order there was an item on the invoice for two years free of field and stream (although I never would have subscribed, you can never have enough outdoor reading material)...

Great find, I am extremely pleased!!

T

·
Registered
678 Posts
got it and still dig it...

I am going to order another and throw it in the closet in the event this one ever gets toasted and is no longer available...

·
Premium Member
336 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
:cry: Buyer beware I just recived my ebay athentic swat holster and it is that 9.95 piece of crap i paid 47. what a rip off if swat uses those bring them on my 80.00 galco leather was worth the money
The guy i bought it from did give me a partial refund. the holster really isnt that bad once i got past thinking i got railled :wink:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have used the Galco Jackass and like it a lot. Had Tucker ( tucker gun leather in houston) fix it up a little, he trimed dowm the sholder straps they were way to wide and fixed the mag pouch re riveted it so they came straight out like the gun and cut off the flaps, use the compression screws to keep them in place.
I carry it under a coat in the winter or under a golf vest and cannot tell I have it on.

Dave

1 - 20 of 33 Posts