1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
No....more 9 available if shtf

·
Registered
67 Posts
I haven't shot the XDS line, but I love my XDM compact and I use it as my edc and my son liked it so much, he bought one.
You can use the high cap. mag or the shorter one for better conceal.
The XDM id a double stack mag compared to the single stack xds.
why do you want to get rid of the xds ?? just wondering.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My thoughts are I have a xdm in 45 compact and a 9mm xd sc. But I got the xds for summer carry, my idea was for pocket carry prints to much so I figured iwb xdm would be better I have an alien gear iwb that works with all xd except xds

·
Registered
38 Posts
Why? You are not gaining much....
Ballistics by the inch says he's getting a heavier bullet without sacrificing the velocity. /shrug.
The real tradeoff is payload and cost. And of course that mythical shtf quality that you just can't buy in stores.
Oh, and if you drink the FBI coolaid, there's always the "modern bullet technology" that only 9mm ever seems to benefit from.

But really, I say if you have your nine you can keep your nine... Or just skip the 40 entirely and graduate to the soul devouring power of the 45acp.
That's what killed Zeus, you know?

Reactions: warbird1

·
Registered
29,825 Posts
Ballistics by the inch says he's getting a heavier bullet without sacrificing the velocity. /shrug.
The real tradeoff is payload and cost. And of course that mythical shtf quality that you just can't buy in stores.
Oh, and if you drink the FBI coolaid, there's always the "modern bullet technology" that only 9mm ever seems to benefit from.

But really, I say if you have your nine you can keep your nine... Or just skip the 40 entirely and graduate to the soul devouring power of the 45acp.
That's what killed Zeus, you know?
However, if ol' Ike Newton knew what he was talking about, he's also getting more recoil, which, everything else being equal, means slower or more inaccurate follow up shots.

And less capacity.

TANSTAAFL.

Personally, I would not make the trade.

·
Registered
38 Posts
However, if ol' Ike Newton knew what he was talking about, he's also getting more recoil, which, everything else being equal, means slower or more inaccurate follow up shots.

And less capacity.

TANSTAAFL.

Personally, I would not make the trade.
Meh, I've shot 9/40/45. While you're right, followup shots are nothing you can't train around. It's not like this insurmountable hurdle people make it out to be. Kinda like people bitching about the XD bore axis. Oh noez.

And now for my truth in advertising moment: I dislike shooting the 40 because of the snap. It's less a followup shot issue and more that I just don't like it. Throw some +p 45 into my XDM and I'm fine with it (approaches the snap of the 40 but still not quite there).

Capacity is a valid argument, as noted above. Quantity is a quality all its own. I'd probably keep the nine too, if only because of the hassle in trading to the 40. And i just don't like the 40. So nyah.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You'd still keep it even if you had a xdm in .45 and a xd sc in 9mm? I got 2 9mm and 300 rounds of .40 that I don't know or can't sell lol. As you stated .40 is dieing. But I'm kinda thing about having all calibers. I like my xd sc more then the xds

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess my other option besides keeping it is trading it for a compete lower and cash. I have a core15 upper that is ready all I need is lower and mag.

·
Premium Member
18,059 Posts
I'm not sure what the infatuation is for .40. For my money it's either 9mm or .45.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Xdm in .40 and I have a xd sc 9mm get a xdm 9mm coversion to turn it to 9mm. use my subcompact 13 rounders with it, without having to buy more mags. And I got all calibers. I guess that's my main thing having a handgun in every main handgun calibers.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have an xds .45 and xdm .40 compact. I carry both (but prefer xdm when I can- not as easy in SoFlo to conceal as the xds but a new minimalist kydex holster has been helping. My xdm 40 is my fav shooter I have and recoil is negligible compared to my g19 and especially g21 and xds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
I don't own a .40 in anything and I don't want one. Nothing against them, but I am stocking enough ammo as it is. JMO, but I don't want a gun for every caliber. I would rather have less guns and more ammo. To each his own though. Some enjoy collecting and I guess I do to, but I like shooting them.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Meh, I've shot 9/40/45. While you're right, followup shots are nothing you can't train around. It's not like this insurmountable hurdle people make it out to be. Kinda like people bitching about the XD bore axis. Oh noez.

And now for my truth in advertising moment: I dislike shooting the 40 because of the snap. It's less a followup shot issue and more that I just don't like it. Throw some +p 45 into my XDM and I'm fine with it (approaches the snap of the 40 but still not quite there).

Capacity is a valid argument, as noted above. Quantity is a quality all its own. I'd probably keep the nine too, if only because of the hassle in trading to the 40. And i just don't like the 40. So nyah.
Do you shoot with a shot timer?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd be interested in hearing from someone who's shot a xd sub in .40. snappiness/recoil management. vs the xdm in 3.8

1 - 20 of 22 Posts