Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last two times I went to the range I have had fail to fires with my XD9 service. The first time was the first round out of a box of WWB. I pulled the trigger and nothing. I ejected the round and I could see the indention from the striker. I tried the round again and it fired. The rest of the box fired without incident.

Yesterday using CCI Blazer the same thing happened to my first two rounds. I then fired off 150 rounds without incident.
This is my primary carry weapon so it does cause some concern, will my first round be there when needed or is this just a result of cheap target ammo? I have not had any problems with my carry ammo (gold dot 124 gr+) however due to expense I rarely use it at range.

·
Registered
595 Posts
:idea: Does the particular round involved fire by second try or are you disgarding it and going thru with round two with no problems? You should be using the slide release to send the bolt home. By your description of the problem, it sound like you are slingshot-style cocking, The action may not be fully engaging for the first round and XD's normally will not fire out of battery.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try and supply more details to supply the answers to the questions.
I locked the slide all the way back , inserted the magazine and released the slide. It seated full force. The problem both times was with the first round or rounds I tried to fire after that it did fine.
I clean and lube after each range trip and both incidents were the first time I had fired from the last range trip.
The first time I did not compare the indentions, the second time I did and they did not seem as deep.
Thanks for any input..

PS stock recoil springs

·
Registered
3,473 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's no XD, but my baby eagle 9mm came from the factory with a fair amount of machining debris left in the firing pin tunnel, and it also had intermittent failures to fire, about 1-2 every 50 rounds with several different brands of ammo. After removing the firing pin assembly and thouroughly cleaning the slide, the problem went away and has not reared its ugly head in over 3000 rounds.
FWIW
Dave

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have had the same problem with my steyr M40 but only when I use Magtech ammo, if I switch to PMC it doesnt do it. Never had this problem with my XD yet course I havent had to shoot Magtech in it. I have had FTFeed problems though but only once or twice.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
The only problem I see, besides the thing about a round not performing properly.. is that you put the same round back in your pistol and shot it!?!? That doesn't seem very safe to me.

I have never had a "squib" or a round of any kind enter the chamber and struck by the firing pin.. and not go "BANG!!" but if I do, It just seems like putting it back into the pisol/rifle and giving it another "shot" is not worth it.

Set it aside, examine it, give it some thought.. but don't put it back into your pistol/rifle if you suspect it might be malfunctioning.

Raymond

1 - 12 of 12 Posts