Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I trade my CZ P01 for a Glock 19x?

I put new grips and guide rod on the CZ, but I don't want to spend a bunch more on a trigger upgrade.

Should I try to trade for a 19x? Or keep the CZ? I don't love the trigger on my CZ, and I don't want to put more money in to it. Not sure if the 19x will solve my problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Do you like the P01 grip angle overall?

Do you like DA/SA pistols? Or is that what you're trying to get away from?

What is the purpose of this handgun?

You should probably rent the Glock 19x (if you can) and compare the experience with the P01 if you have not done so already. The Glock 19 is a bit larger than the P01, has a 22 deg grip angle, and is striker fired instead of DA/SA. So it seems to be a bit different than the P01 in a few ways.

·
Registered
570 Posts
As mentioned above, I would try and rent one first before you get rid of your CZ. Shoot them side by side. If the 19X isn't available, the model 45 is basically the same thing. If not that, try the G17 since it has the same grip size. It has a slightly longer barrel, but will feel pretty darn close to a 45/19X.
Having said all that, if you're looking to get a striker fired gun, see if you can rent, or at least handle one with a grip angle similar to the CZ (or at least closer than the Glock). HK VP9, Walther PDP, S&W M&P 2.0, Sig P320, Beretta APX...there's a lot out there. I fully recommend Glock, and have 3 of them myself, but their grip is definitely different than most other guns. Certainly not a deal-breaker, just different.

·
Registered
629 Posts
As mentioned above, I would try and rent one first before you get rid of your CZ. Shoot them side by side. If the 19X isn't available, the model 45 is basically the same thing. If not that, try the G17 since it has the same grip size. It has a slightly longer barrel, but will feel pretty darn close to a 45/19X.
Having said all that, if you're looking to get a striker fired gun, see if you can rent, or at least handle one with a grip angle similar to the CZ (or at least closer than the Glock). HK VP9, Walther PDP, S&W M&P 2.0, Sig P320, Beretta APX...there's a lot out there. I fully recommend Glock, and have 3 of them myself, but their grip is definitely different than most other guns. Certainly not a deal-breaker, just different.
I recommend glock too but I would say that cz po1 is definitely a upgrade/better design than any glock. If your not happy with the trigger there's upgrades that can be had. Keep in mind I'm dumb as a rock but I'm sure most would agree

·
Registered
318 Posts

I put new grips and guide rod on the CZ, but I don't want to spend a bunch more on a trigger upgrade.

Should I try to trade for a 19x? Or keep the CZ? I don't love the trigger on my CZ, and I don't want to put more money into it. Not sure if the 19x will solve my problems.
KEEP THE CZ put the money in the trigger Kit you won't regret it you will have a tack driver.

Reactions: CanikXD

·
Registered
318 Posts
This is like, "I want to trade my Corvette for a Civic", or "I want to trade my Porsche for a Focus".
The Glock is the Civic & Focus. I am just not a Glock Fan I owned a few and traded them off ! When compared to the CZ The Glock is the :poop: terd 💩 in the room.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Keep in mind CZ makes the P10 which uses a Glock style action with a more 1911 like grip.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The issue is that the OP is like most guys who can't shoot or do not like any gun unless it doesn't have an almost hair trigger. Unless the trigger weight is very low and the length of pull and reset extremely short, the trigger is bad to them. They only have the skill set to be able to shoot a striker fired semiauto Glock like trigger.

I too consider any Glock a down grade compared to the CZ P01, but if the OP doesn't want to put in the time and practice to be able to master a traditional DA/SA duty grade trigger, I suggest he gets rid of his CZ. No point in keeping it. The P01 expensive trigger upgrades are nice for longer distance range and competition shooting, but aren't necessary or needed on a self defense handgun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know about all that. This hooked trigger is definitely not a good trigger. I like the looks and compactness of the P01 so I might keep it and do the upgrade.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Should I try to trade for a 19x? Or keep the CZ? I don't love the trigger on my CZ, and I don't want to put more money in to it. Not sure if the 19x will solve my problems.
I normally subscribe to the train of though that everyone should get what makes them happy and forget the haters. But this is one instance where that doesn't apply. The P01 is by far my favorite and I have a lot. You'd be doing yourself a disservice by making that switch. If you won't take my word for it. Here's a write up on why the P01 is probably the most reliable gun you'll ever put your booger hook on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If it’s simply a better trigger that you’re looking for, get a Canik TP series. Based on your screen name you probably have. You can’t get a better trigger in an off-the-shelf pistol. I say that from experience with them. I have significantly tighter groups with my Caniks than anything else I have.
As far as the CZ, you can put the best trigger job in your P01 that money can buy. But it’s still going to have a DA pull on that first round. It just takes practice to get as good with it as a striker fired. Many great shooters do. I have a Beretta 92. I love it and will never get rid of it. But because of lack of practice I am less consistent with it than with my striker fired pistols. But for the fun of the sport I plan to keep practicing to get as good. So keep the P01 and have fun with it.
Not hating on Glock (I have a G19) but they are no longer anything special with all of the other very good polymer striker fired guns out there these days.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have to make the argument that any da gun is easier to learn the trigger on than any striker fired gun. All you need is a single snap cap and a lot of dry firing. Now try that with the striker fired gun. Rack the slide, ok, do it again. I'll wait, again...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Everyone realizes another option is to trade the P01 with the decocker for a P01 with a manual safety and just use it as a SAO (yes, it is still technically a DA/SA, but one doesn't need to manually decock it), right?

CZ 75 Compact - CZ-USA

So, you can have a P01 and not be stuck with the DA trigger pull as long as you don't mind manual safeties (which some folks have an aversion to for whatever reason).

Better yet, trade it for one of the convertible models P01 Omega or P07.

CZ P-01 Ω Convertible (Omega) - CZ-USA

CZ P-07 - CZ-USA

1 - 19 of 19 Posts