Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have been wanting a .45 for a while now, and have been thinking about selling my XD-9 4", with 3 factory 16rnd xd-mag's, and 1 22rnd pro-mag, all the XD-gear, and a Don's Guide Rod.

well today a buddy of mine offered me $375 cash for it, and can come pick it up tonight, or tomorrow.

the XD has 2,225 round's through it since purchased new dec 20th 2007.

should i let it go for $375, and pickup a .45?

is $375 a fair price to let it go for?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thats a fair price for both of you, IMO. I was gonna buy a almost new .40 service with 3 SA mags, and a ebay laser for $400. Since the M was released, i think most new buyers are leaning towards them. Dude, i will never , and i mean NEVER, sell my xd9 service. Its too fun and cheap to shoot.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought it was a fair price too, my dad's girlfriend just purchased a XD-9sc for $330, with 3 SA-XD magazine's, and a 9mm bore snake.

im going to a local gun show tomorrow, so the extra $375 cash could possibly be a deposit on a nice .45 1911, or P220.... but well see.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I'm one of the few on this forum that support selling one gun to buy another.

I've sold a few guns to purchase others I really wanted.
I still own most that I bought that way..

Do what you gotta do Grip.
You have my support, whatever that is worth to you..:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, im not attached to the XD-9....im just trying to figure out of its a fair deal for me?

i will never sell my AR, because its my baby, and i built it.

now i just need to find a pistol that i feel the same way about...

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
I almost sold my XD9 Service, two tone, to a buddy for $350, glad I read this. Mine has less than 500 rounds. I'm still unsure if I'm going to keep it. It's my only 9mm.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I say as long as you have atleast one 9mm you like, sell them all (9mm) that is. I have 2 9mm's, xd service and xdsc, wont be selling either any time soon.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i thought it was a fair price too, my dad's girlfriend just purchased a XD-9sc for $330, with 3 SA-XD magazine's, and a 9mm bore snake.

im going to a local gun show tomorrow, so the extra $375 cash could possibly be a deposit on a nice .45 1911, or P220.... but well see.

I say skip the 220 and go 226/229.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its gone...$375 cash.

my buddy picked it up for his wife.

im picking up a .45 Kimber Pro carry II w/night sight's next weekend. :cool:

·
Registered
855 Posts
its gone...$375 cash.

Congrats on the sale and on the new purchase, too! You did tell you buddy about XDTalk, right?

I checked out a new Kimber .45 1911 Ultra Carry II w/wood grips and Crimson Trace laser at Gander Mtn this afternoon. Much lighter than you'd think due to an alloy frame. Very sweet gun, but also had a price tag of $1100! Maybe a reasonable price really, but a lot more than I can afford to spend on a new gun.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
its gone...$375 cash.

Good deal, I hope you're happy with it.
Please post some pics..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Is it just now that the XD-M's are coming into full swing that prices for XD's are coming down to the $350-$390 range? Paid $470 out the door a few weeks ago, and compared to what I was reading that was a decent deal at the time. (I know prices won't be the same everywhere, but I like to have a reasonable target price in mind when I haggle at the gun shows)

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I say skip the 220 and go 226/229.:mrgreen:
I thought he said he wanted a .45?
The 220 is a fine firearm but lack of mag capacity rules it out for me.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I think it was a good deal for both of you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The XD9 4" service model is the next gun I want. For 2 reasons train the wife to shoot a semi-auto(plus this will be a good caliber for her to handle). Plus this will give me a option in a less expensive round then the .45acp to plink around with. Then after I get that one I will be looking to get a XD45c to go along with my XD45 4" service.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The XD9 4" service model is the next gun I want. For 2 reasons train the wife to shoot a semi-auto(plus this will be a good caliber for her to handle). Plus this will give me a option in a less expensive round then the .45acp to plink around with. Then after I get that one I will be looking to get a XD45c to go along with my XD45 4" service.
When you go after that 45 compact look at getting the Compact Tactical with the 5" barrel, and the chopped grip. That way you would have a several configurations of the XD45 out of just those two pistols.

Anyway to the OP.....congrats on the Kimber purchase hope it works out for you!!! I too love the 1911 platform. It's high on the very long list of guns I want!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts