Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically, I've wanted a XD Tac 9mm for about a year now, and I finally saw one in a shop. This is at the same I was thinking of selling my Glock 17, because the grip isn't right for me, and the trigger is still weird after mods. I used to have a XD Service, and shot it very well. My only reasons for not trading are, 1) It's a Glock, 2)I've sold guns before and sometimes regret it, 3)will the XD be as reliable, as in flawless, and 4) I have a Glock 26, which I love, and maybe I still need more practice with the full size 17. But the XD 4" shot point of aim with no practice. Sooo...

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd say no, don't sell it. Suck it up and spend the money, especially if you can afford it. I sold my Glock to buy my XD and I regret it. I spent lots of money to set the Glock up perfectly for me, but when the .45 GAP came out, I surmised (correctly) that it would be much cheaper to buy and XD45 than change my G23 over to a G38. Wouldn'tcha know it, an opportunity to buy a G38 upper came around a month later. Truth be told I could have afforded both pistols. It was only a sense of fiscal responsibility that led me to sell the Glock. To address your specific points:

1) Yes. It's a Glock. That means it is unlikely to ever wear out, and re-sells for MUCH less than its actual worth as a weapon.
2) Yes. You'll probably regret selling it because you've spent time outfitting it just for you, trigger work and all that. You know you can get that grip altered, right?
3) No. The XD is JUST as reliable as the Glock. It's hard to build an unreliable 9mm.
4) Have you considered the XD9 subcompact?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, for one thing, if anything I should sell all my guns to pay off this wicked credit card. So, unfortunately I can't outright buy the XD and keep the Glock. There is a gun show next week, so maybe I could get more for it there. Any experiences with selling at gun shows?

·
Registered
93 Posts
My experience with selling guns at gun shows is that you'll take the heaviest loss there. That's in a state (FL) which has a flooded gun market. It's because even though the gun store generally cater to clueless folks who aren't in tune with the price point (and therefore have unusually high prices), the people who'll buy used guns at gun shows really know what they're doing.

Gunbroker == slow sales, most revenue
Bboards == Quicker sales, take a substantial loss
Gun shows == Sell it that day. Take a big hit.

Basically, you're kinda screwed. The absolute BEST way to do it is to find someone local who will swap you FTF XD9 for G17. No fees, shipping or taxes. If you can find that deal at the gun show, that'd be good. (Heck, maybe you can do the samething for the G26).

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I like the 26. What are you suggesting? Get an XD sub?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Sell a Glock and purchase an XD Tactical..... Sounds like a very reasonable trade-off. After owning 2 XD's I wouldn't even consider a Glock. I just can't stand the way they feel in my hand. I feel like I have to roll my wrist forward too much to shoot the Glock. Not that I think that they are a bad weapon, but they are not "good" for me. I also own a Sig 228 and it feels "natural" in my hand while aiming.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes. The Glocks don't point right for me at all. You can get the grip angle changed, but that's just more money.

Yeah, if it were me, I'd get the subcompact just to keep commonality of holsters/ mags. But if you like the 26, go for it. I'm just pointing out that the transaction that loses the least money/value is a straight trade G17 for XD9.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All I can think of now is... GET THE .50 CHOAD... :lol:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's funny, so no, it's not real, and don't do a web search for "50 choad" either.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I got me an XD! Tactical, sweet. I think I like the XD finish more than the Glock, I know it's not "hard as diamonds", but it's also not as slippery as diamonds either. Feels great, can't wait to shoot it...

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Yea sell it to me for 10 bucks and through in your car and house too. :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I already sold it to help pay for the XD. Maybe I don't have a car, or a house, but I would have "throughn" them in if you had posted earlier. Haha! Busted on a mis-spelling! BTW, I should've just special ordered the XD I wanted a year ago, I would have saved a couple hundred bucks. But oh well, such is life.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I recently dumped a G26 and now all I have is my XD9 subcompact, but I'm on the prowl for either the XD9 Service / Tactical or 40. The XDs just feel way more confortable in my hands.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The only pistol that has felt as good in my hand as my XD is my Steyr M9. The ergonomics of that pistol may even have the edge on the XD in my opinion. The day I shopped for my first pistol the Glock just didn't point well for me, and the XD just felt sooooooooo "right". I never looked back. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts