Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased an xds in 45 last month. This little gun while a beast is absolutely awesome! With that said I do have a few issue's.. in the first 100 rounds (pmc) I went from low and left to hitting close enough to be happy with lol in the next 50 (ppu) I experienced 7 ftf's light strikes. Took it inside and opened her up. Everything looked good aside from the gobs and gobs of oil I neglected to clean out after purchase. Then I took the striker out and got 6 q-tips of goop out of the striker channel, so I got it all cleaned up and re lubed. Leaving the striker channel bone dry of coarse. The next 50 rounds of ppu were flawless (stuff was very dirty) on to wwb 50 rounds in I noticed the mag release pin was backed out about 1/8" so I grabbed a spent casing and pushed it back in. 75 more rounds of wwb and 40 rounds of hornady critical duty later no more issue's.. now I do have the chewed up guide rod end which does not really concern me at all. But there is the damage on the firing pin from the drop safety which bothers me a little. I love this gun and it is still my currant carry gun! I guess the question is should I not trust my life to this weapon and try to get it back to SA?
Sorry for the long second post and thanks for reading. .

·
Registered
218 Posts
Upload pic to your computer, next to post quick reply below click on go advanced. Click on manage attachments then upload pic from your computer.

Oh, and welcome!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Damage to striker shoulder is normal. Has been discussed here by James at length. It stops after a while. Happens when dry firing upon break down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So its basically just another non issue? This make me feel better! Im still under 400 rounds but plan to change that in the next hour ;-)

·
Registered
708 Posts
If you don't want the guide rod to get chewed up then take the burrs and rough edges off the takedown lever where the rod seats.

"Before"

"After"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well 50 more rounds 3 more light strikes... always on the 4th round in the mag always! And it happens with both mags. But I was on target all 50 rounds :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had several ftf light strikes using PPU ammo the last time out as well. I haven't shot it since then but that stuff was crazy dirty. The striker channel was a mess. I'm hoping it was just the ammo. I previously shot 100 rds of wwb with no issues. Shot 100 PPU and probably had 8-10 light strikes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys! And ya that ppu is nasty stuff! Im gonna avoid it from now on.. love this gun and really dont wanna part with it lol

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had several ftf light strikes using PPU ammo the last time out as well. I haven't shot it since then but that stuff was crazy dirty. The striker channel was a mess. I'm hoping it was just the ammo. I previously shot 100 rds of wwb with no issues. Shot 100 PPU and probably had 8-10 light strikes.

I've shot four or five boxes of PPU and it hasn't given me any trouble since one FTF in the second mag ever through the gun, either pre or post recall. I notice the recoil from these rounds is noticeably lighter, which may contribute to the problem some are seeing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts