Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my wife's dad to buy a XD 40. HEHEHE. He was going to get a Kel-tec 9 but I told him how great these guns were so he decided on the 40.
This is his first gun. know I need to get more of the fam to get XD's.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Talk him into posing for pic and post him on XDTalk, show how proud you are of him..

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Don't be such a brand snob. :D

There really is no comparison between a Kel Tec and an XD, they are in completely different classes, but each has its place.

KT's are a pretty good gun at a very low price. Would I rather have an XD if I could only have one gun? Of course. But the Kel-Tec PF9 is quite a bit more concealable than the XD9, and a good deal less expensive.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Don't be such a brand snob. :D

There really is no comparison between a Kel Tec and an XD, they are in completely different classes, but each has its place.

KT's are a pretty good gun at a very low price. Would I rather have an XD if I could only have one gun? Of course. But the Kel-Tec PF9 is quite a bit more concealable than the XD9, and a good deal less expensive.
True, you can't compare an XD to them because they are different types of guns.

BUT in the same class of gun, there are always better alternatives to those KelTecs.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
BUT in the same class of gun, there are always better alternatives to those KelTecs.
"Better" is a subjective term and largely a matter of opinion, wouldn't you agree?

Take for example my wife's P32... After going over it and doing a quick fluff and buff, it goes bang every time the trigger is pulled, and doesn't go bang when the trigger isn't pulled. Can you find another .32 caliber mouse gun for $250 new that can do the same?

Many would argue that the Beretta Tomcat is a better gun, but it is more expensive and by many accounts is less durable than the KelTec. It is also a bit bulky and heavy for the size.

Many would argue that I should have bought her a Ruger LCP (the one that was just recalled for being prone to drop firing - sounds better to me). Also, by many accounts, it seems the LCP is very, very similar to a first generation KelTec P3AT (without the upgrades KelTec made to improve the gun).

If there is such a thing as a "junk gun" Kel-Tec is definately it! Those things are terrible.
Do you now or have you ever owned one? I suggest you buy one, use it at the range quite a few times, work with the manufacturer to fix any issues (if you have any), and then make the claim that they are a worthless junk gun.

I am not trying to say that KelTecs are the best thing out there, far from it. But, They should not be discounted without a fair try -- you might be surprised.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts