Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own an XD-9 and have been thinking about buying an XD-357. I found one locally for $350 brand new with two 12 rd magazines :D

So, should I?

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
$350 is a good price. Check on the ammo prices though. That will be the long term expense.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I love my xd357, I got mine lnib for 300 from jnewt.

It is way funner to shoot since its fast and flat. Ammo is hard to shop for but I can still get it cheaper then 45acp and sometimes around the same price as 40sw. It is becomeing a little more common then a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
You probably should buy it.

Raymond

·
Registered
244 Posts
350? where is this? if you don't buy it, i want it! If you already have a 9mm, go for the .357. You won't shoot it as often, but sometimes it's fun to shoot something with a bigger BANG than the 9, even if it is more expensive. I'd recommend just renting it when you want to shoot it, cuz i dunno about a .357 for a self-defense weapon (although surely some would argue with me, I find it's too loud and recoils too much), but the ranges near me only rent the 9mm XDs. :cry:

·
Registered
219 Posts
gsfmiker said:
350? where is this? if you don't buy it, i want it! If you already have a 9mm, go for the .357. You won't shoot it as often, but sometimes it's fun to shoot something with a bigger BANG than the 9, even if it is more expensive. I'd recommend just renting it when you want to shoot it, cuz i dunno about a .357 for a self-defense weapon (although surely some would argue with me, I find it's too loud and recoils too much), but the ranges near me only rent the 9mm XDs. :cry:
I carry one for self defense because I feel it will make some one deader then a 9 :wink: . recoil isnt really any worse then a 40. If I am not carrying my xd357 then I am carrying my 2" 357mag.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Buy it now!!!! Nothing wrong with a 9mm
magnum.

Ed

·
Registered
219 Posts
gsfmiker said:
Jeff_1 said:
If I am not carrying my xd357 then I am carrying my 2" 357mag.
ouch! :wink:
its not to bad. I would much rather be shooting it then my pm40. Besides I really doubt I will be needing many follow up shots. Now the Airweight 2" Mags are whats brutal.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I cannot comment about the XD 357 specifically but many agencies have universally adopted 357 sig as their carry round.

I'm still waiting for the 357 3", now that'll be a hand cannon :)

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I LOVE the .357sig round! Snatch it up quick, thats great price. Dont worry about ammo cost either. You have a 9mm XD so you can target shoot with that and just shoot your .357 occasionaly to stay in sinc. with its recoil and such. Without getting into the "which round is better" debate, I trust my .357 more than a 9mm for penetration during the winter months when I may be shooting through who knows what kind of coat. Cost of ammo should never be a consideration when it comes to life or death.

I'm still waiting for the 357 3", now that'll be a hand cannon
I'd buy one!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Buy the ticket, take the ride...

jonas

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can anybody describe the recoil? I have shot many pistols and revolvers, but no 357SIG rounds before. In my head I reckon it will be like CZ52 with 7.62 Tokarev... ?

Thanks for all the advice so far, guys. :)

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
I've also shot it out of the Baby Glock, and I felt it was surprisingly manageable...but that's subjective.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
jkswiss said:
Call me a recoil pansy but if its snappier than a 40, I don't want it.
Recoil pansy!!

(you did tell me to call you that..)

Raymond

·
Registered
6 Posts
IMO it's a lot snappier than the 40, but I like it a lot. I never had any problems, but many others shooting the same gun as I did during a demo had problems. Some shooters seemed to get a lot of FTE/FTF because they couldn't properly control the recoil. If the muzzle is allowed to rise too high too quickly the slide isn't allowed to come straight back and cycle properly. At least that's what the Springfield rep told us. It seemed to make sense since those having feed issues were really complaining about the recoil the most. I swear some of the shooters were going to plant the front sight into their foreheads, but it really wasn't that bad.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you all for the input but I have decided to purchase a bar-sto barrel for my XD-9 and use 124 Grain +P for personal defense. :D

PM me if you want the location of the XD-357. Hint: its in Wisconsin...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts