Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at shot timers, also called range timers & speed timers. I’m looking for suggestions from those who have used and/or owned one of these timers. I want to use it for practice at home and on the range. I have seen that some have them have a wireless accessory, a large display that you can set up on the range.

Which timer would you recommend? Are there any that you would avoid.?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I've heard nothing but good for Pact Inc timers (www.pact.com) and a lifetime warranty you just cannot go wrong.

On the other hand, if you are going to a single club or are a member there, and don't know much about timers, I'd go with the same make/model that your club uses.

But really though, they're fairly simple to use.

·
Registered
181 Posts
These are great!

Is there some way to save these drills to your harddrive? I don't want to have toaccess the internet each time. I tried saving the html file but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
How do I look at the "source" of an html file?

I right click on each of the choices on the dry fire index page and then select properties but it only tells me its a hypertext prtocol file. It doesn't point me to the location of the swf file?

edit: OK I went back to the index page and right clicked over to the right away from all the links and found view source but there is a lot of text that apparently is the code for that index page but I didn't see any references to any swf pages. They did call out a lot of html files though.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
mpholic said:
How do I look at the "source" of an html file?

I right click on each of the choices on the dry fire index page and then select properties but it only tells me its a hypertext prtocol file. It doesn't point me to the location of the swf file?
I believe you right click on the page, and click "view source".

·
Registered
181 Posts
That must be my problem, when I right click I do not have the selection "view source".

Maybe I don't have the right version of Shockwave installed or something.

edit oK I found the view source for the index page but I'm not sure what I am looking at. Some form coding that generates the index page and all the links. I guess I need to look through it and see if i can understand any of it.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So far the consensus is that the PACT is the way to go. I went to their web site and they are showing two models. The Club Timer II, which appears to get geared towards use on the range and the MKIV is designed for both the range and practice. Has anyone here used the MKIV?

·
Registered
435 Posts
A friend of mine just got the CED 8000 timer and man what options that thing has. Great for dry fire drills and more stuff than you can do in one day of practice. A little pricey though but looks to be better built that any onther timer I have ever seen. I know if I had to buy one right now it would be this timer for the kind of practice I do. Good luck and here is the link to CED.

http://www.cedhk.com/show.php/Object518

8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts