Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to the range and broke her in.:) What a sweet pistol. I'm looking forward to carrying it every day and having it be my "right hand man". I'm stoked about it. A quick question to those who might know, I ordered a cb supertuck without the crimson trace laser option. If I order a crimson trace lasergrip, will I have to send the holster back to get the kydex part redone or will the lasergrip not affect the holstering? Sorry if this is confusing.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
The Lasergrip rides back far enough to not need a different holster. This was a main reason for developing it. :)

Personally, I only use a laser for snap-cap practice to monitor how much the pistol moves during trigger pull, but if I were to get one for carry purposes, the lasergrip would be my 1st choice.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Lasergrip rides back far enough to not need a different holster. This was a main reason for developing it. :)

Personally, I only use a laser for snap-cap practice to monitor how much the pistol moves during trigger pull, but if I were to get one for carry purposes, the lasergrip would be my 1st choice.
Would taping a $10 laser pointer to the underside of the frame be a suitable, more cost effective , alternative. :?:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
For 9mm you can use any duct tape, but for .40 and .45 be sure to use gorilla tape.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I bought mine at a gun show two years ago. I was looking for a slightly larger, more rounds, lighter trigger version of my Kel-Tec PF9, which I had carried for over two years, and my Steyr S9, which just didn't carry enough rounds for me, and it was almost impossible to find lefty holsters for.

The XD9SC fit my hand perfectly, and the price was right, around $450 NIB, if I remember. After I took it to the range and put 50 rounds through it, I immediately called Springfield, ordered the left-hand version of their little Kydex paddle holster, tucked it into my belt, and I've been wearing it ever since. The gun is very ergonomic, and EXTREMELY accurate for a 3" barrel. It has a couple thousand rounds through it now, and hasn't had one malfunction.

I installed a PRP Ultimate trigger kit, a set of Tro-Glo TFO sights, a Pearce pinky mag extension and a Paccy slip on grip. All that made a sweet piece even sweeter.

I haven't shot all the carry pieces out there, but I've shot a lot. I'd put this sweet little gem in the top 5.

Glad you like yours, I love mine!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Would taping a $10 laser pointer to the underside of the frame be a suitable, more cost effective , alternative. :?:
LOL... Darn! I coulda saved myself $20 and taped it on! :D

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Congrats! I have one and it has so far digested about 2,000 rounds with not a single hiccup. That's what you want in a carry gun.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Went out to the range and broke her in.:) What a sweet pistol. I'm looking forward to carrying it every day and having it be my "right hand man". I'm stoked about it. A quick question to those who might know, I ordered a cb supertuck without the crimson trace laser option. If I order a crimson trace lasergrip, will I have to send the holster back to get the kydex part redone or will the lasergrip not affect the holstering? Sorry if this is confusing.
Congrats on your new toy. I just sold mine today to help fund an XDm compact 9mm. I have absolutely nothing against my other XD9c, just wanted to get the purty new bi-tone version. :p

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Congrats! I have one and it has so far digested about 2,000 rounds with not a single hiccup. That's what you want in a carry gun.
I'll up ya as mine has over 4000 rounds, closer to 5000 rounds without a hiccup. Fantastic little weapon!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts