Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put 150 rounds of WWB through it and 5 rounds of my concealed carry ammo (Speer Gold Dot 165 grain hollow points) just to make sure they fed properly and have that peace of mind that my carry ammo has been through the gun before. No problems feeding, jamming etc. I loved how it fired, very smooth and maybe a little snappy but very nice. I had a Pearce grip on the 11 round mag which is awesome. My buddy has a 4.5 40 XDm and we had to shoot his and mine back to back to notice a real difference between the 2. The full size is slightly less "snappy" but very minimal difference. Like i said, he couldn't tell a difference until after he shot them one after another and same with me.

I could feel a little movement on the 16 round mag where the back strap sleeve attached up with the grip but not bad.

Ok, here is one issue I MIGHT have. I wanted to post it here with pics to see if I have a major issue, a minor issue or no issue. I am almost certain this wasn't there when I got this brand new last month. I was cleaning my guns today and noticed this on the left edge of the feed ramp of the compact 40. It is a tiny, tiny nick. You can see it and feel it if you run your finger nail up or down the edge of the feed ramp.

Could this have happened while firing it? If so, how? Did a round not feed properly? If that's the case it would be hard to tell because like I stated above, no mis feeds or any issue while firing. If this is an issue would it be covered under any warranty? The gun is about 5-6 weeks old and has only been fired once, this past weekend.

Is this not an issue and something I don't need to worry about? Help me out here because I'm kind of worried right now. The pics were hard as hell to take because I could really get a clear shot because the piece itself and the little nick are so small.

You can kind of see what I'm talking about. The first 2 pics the little nick is at the 6 o'clock position and the third pic the little nick is at the 3 o'clock position. Let me know what you think.

If these pics aren't good enough I can try to get another. But like i said, it's so small it's hard to focus in on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I see the nick Bro, I would say shoot it and see what happens. I would think if it is gonna be an issue, you would find out pretty quick. Semper Fi. Boone

·
Banned
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see the nick Bro, I would say shoot it and see what happens. I would think if it is gonna be an issue, you would find out pretty quick. Semper Fi. Boone

Thanks buddy.

Yeah, I'm sure it happened during firing on Saturday and there weren't any issues. Im just wondering what the hell caused this and should the ramp have nicked? I thought it was steel and that is harder then brass casings.

·
Banned
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone on here have ANY input besides the one person? Is this just something I'm blowing out of proportion or has nobody seen anything like this before?

·
21,995 Posts
Send pics to Springer. Im sure they will give you pretty good advice.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My XD40 is only a month old with 300 rounds through it. I just checked mine and it's smooth as a baby's bottom. Definitely call SA to ask them.

·
Banned
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My XD40 is only a month old with 300 rounds through it. I just checked mine and it's smooth as a baby's bottom. Definitely call SA to ask them.
Yeah I called and the rep I spoke to asked for pics in an email. Said he would look at them and call me back Wednesday. Something isn't right. Maybe a bad piece of steel if there is such a thing?? Hopefully I can get some help from them unless it's really a non issue. Guess I'll see.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
You might want to put more than 5 rounds of your carry ammo through the gun before you trust your life with it. I wont carry ANY gun unless I've put at least 50 rounds of my carry ammo through it. Putting 5 rounds through a gun is not exactly a good test for reliability...

·
Banned
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You might want to put more than 5 rounds of your carry ammo through the gun before you trust your life with it. I wont carry ANY gun unless I've put at least 50 rounds of my carry ammo through it. Putting 5 rounds through a gun is not exactly a good test for reliability...
Thanks for your input. If I had $75 to buy 3 boxes of Speer gold dot to just make sure it fired all 60 I would. If 5 went through with no problem, I'm sure 45 more will. It's an XD and to my understanding, they eat anything.

In addition, this post is not about my carry ammo. It's about a problem with my feed ramp. I'd appreciate a PM if you want to comment on something off topic.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Haven't had that happen on mine, let us know what SA tells you!

·
Banned
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haven't had that happen on mine, let us know what SA tells you!
Yeah I will post exactly what they say. Another guy onn here said his ramp was smooth as new after 300 rounds. I only did 155.

I have the strangest luck. When I first got the gun from my FFL, I posted on here there was a problem with the rear sights. There must have been an air bubble in the white paint and it popped when drying. Got my gun with one of the rear sights with a hole in it and now this. Just weird stuff.

·
Banned
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well Im shipping it off to Springfield today. They are paying for shipping andf insurance. Said they will probablly polish the nick out of the feed ramp and send it back to me.

The only thing that sucks is I will be without my concealed carry piece for 2-3 weeks!

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
That is one of the problems with only having one pistol. I don't carry, mine is for HD and I only have one and I hate to take it to the range when I know my wife will be home. The last conversation I need to have is trying to explain why the gun wasn't where it was supposed to be when it was needed

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I would have told them I could polish it myself, what you wanted to know was what caused it right... fixing it is the easy part, but if there is a problem that caused it to happen then polishing may only be a temporary fix...

·
Banned
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would have told them I could polish it myself, what you wanted to know was what caused it right... fixing it is the easy part, but if there is a problem that caused it to happen then polishing may only be a temporary fix...
Yeah pretty much. The Guy I spoke to said he has no idea what would have caused it. Its just weird. I gave a springfield-armory 1911 but no holster. I guess this would be an excuse to get one

Comp Tac has such great turn around time I could just order a new kydex piece and remove my 40 kydex piece off the leather holster.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts