Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Love my XDs .45 3.3"! I was pleasantly surprised that it fed everything I used in it. That was an assortment of 200 grain SWC, 230 grain ball and 230 grain Federal HP, factory and reloaded ammo. Very easy to carry also. I couldn't be more happy with the purchase.
-mark

·
Registered
37 Posts
Shot the XDS .45 today, second time. Started to have feed problems on racking. It took me longer than it should have to realize that the gun needs to have a vigorous racking action as has been mentioned in other threads. Once I caught on it performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Glad you are happy with your choice. I too have been more than happy with my XDS .45 3.3". Flawless is an apt description of mine as well.
May have to change my screen name since the XDS has replaced my XD40SC as the daily carry.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I tried out a XDs .45 and Xds 9mm today.'
Dry fired them both or should I say...attempted too.

Had problems with disengaging the grip safety on both of them.

There might be a aftermarket grip safety that would work for me,
but like with trigger jobs and springs, I like to keep everything stock
except for grips and sights.

I'll be sure to check out the MOD 2 in .45 ACP when I find one though.

Enjoy your XDs!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Please elaborate. What problem with the grip safety? Just take your hand off the grip and it disengages. It has a very light spring

·
Registered
351 Posts
That is weird. I have shot many 1911's and have 3 XD's with grip safeties and never ever had a problem firing because of the safety not working right or my not engaging it right.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Enjoy your XDs!
I don't quite understand what the issue could be with a grip safety. The safety is off if you are holding the pistol properly.
-mark

·
Registered
92 Posts
When I tested the Mod 2, I felt I really had to consciously seat my hand on the Grip Zone safety because of the extended beaver tail, but I've never had that feeling with the XDS.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Please elaborate. What problem with the grip safety? Just take your hand off the grip and it disengages. It has a very light spring
Technically the grip's safety is engaged when not holding the grip and disengaged while shooting. Not all grips fit everyone's hand out of the box.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It would be an odd looking hand that would not operate the XDS grip safety properly.

·
Registered
366 Posts

There might be a aftermarket grip safety that would work for me,
but like with trigger jobs and springs, I like to keep everything stock
except for grips and sights.

I'll be sure to check out the MOD 2 in .45 ACP when I find one though.

Enjoy your XDs!
At this point, pics or it didn't happen Mr CZ.

·
Premium Member
128,168 Posts
Good to know!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also shoot left handed and found the same to be true with the grip zone. I might add that I have small hands and I believe that made a difference in being able to depress the grip safety properly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts