Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Had a blast! (pun intended)

Put 110 rounds down range, 10 rounds of Hornady critical defense, 115 gr, and 100 rounds of Herters brass FMJ. Ran flawlessly, everything fired, no failures.
Gun felt great, and I actually hit the targets (I'm new to this, so that's not a given). I would have shot more, but I've been having back issues (getting old sucks).

Anyway, this is my 4th time shooting guns ever, and I may be hooked. Guns still scare the crap outta me, which is a good thing as I'm crazy careful with them, and will make safety número uno.

Also, contrary to what the anti gun lobby professes, everyone I've come in contact with have been nice, normal folks, not crazed nut jobs who you can't see because all they wear is camo (get it, they are invisible cause all they wear is camo).

I think I'm going to like this new hobby.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Welcome to becoming an invisible gun nut (get it you'll be wearing camo so no one will be able to see you and you'll be addicted to guns). That is a great gun you have. If you haven't already, I'd recommend taking a basic handgun class in your area, many times it's a concealed carry class. Even if you feel you're not ready to carry just take the class and when you are ready you'll have that out of the way. And no matter how comfortable you get with your gun, safety is always número uno.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
The 3.8" 9MM XDM was the second XDM I bought. Great little gun. Everyone that shoots it likes it better than the 5.25" XDM 9MM I bought first. My wife shot it side by side with my two M&Ps (9MM and .40 S&W) and it promptly became her "little gun." She went out and got her concealed carry permit (on her own) and some day I may have to buy me another one.

Mine (whoops! hers) has fed every thing I've ever put in the magazine. FMJ, hollowpoints (124 and 147) and lead truncated cone 147 grain. Never a malfunction of any kind.

Great choice for a concealed carry gun, too. I used to carry it before she took it from me.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Great Choice.. I was extremely impressed with the accuracey of the 3.8 barrel. Added Trigger kit and better sights and this Gun ROCKS! Enjoy:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xman, I already have taken utah's concealed carry permit course, it does not have any shooting requirements, so I do plan on taking some basic shooting and defensive shooting courses. Still won't wear any camo, as I like to be seen.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
WOOT! That's a good looking pistol! :p

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of high quality. Very nice choice indeed. Digging the bi tone.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts

Put 110 rounds down range, 10 rounds of Hornady critical defense, 115 gr, and 100 rounds of Herters brass FMJ. Ran flawlessly, everything fired, no failures.
Gun felt great, and I actually hit the targets (I'm new to this, so that's not a given). I would have shot more, but I've been having back issues (getting old sucks).

Anyway, this is my 4th time shooting guns ever, and I may be hooked. Guns still scare the crap outta me, which is a good thing as I'm crazy careful with them, and will make safety número uno.

Also, contrary to what the anti gun lobby professes, everyone I've come in contact with have been nice, normal folks, not crazed nut jobs who you can't see because all they wear is camo (get it, they are invisible cause all they wear is camo).

You think that was fun, wait until you get an AR! :lol:
Congrats and Get Ya Some!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
May have to ease into the AR, just got my wife to agree to one pistol, and I had to redo the bathroom to get her to agree, for an AR, I can't imagine what I would have to do :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
May have to ease into the AR, just got my wife to agree to one pistol, and I had to redo the bathroom to get her to agree, for an AR, I can't imagine what I would have to do :)
HaHa nice. Maybe AR for one of those clear sparkly rock things if into jewelry.

·
Registered
204 Posts

That gun is pretty.

Cnon

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Tell the wife you'd be happy to be her sex slave for 6 months! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
^ :lol: I'm only 14 years into it, and yup, that ship left the dock a while ago! :lol:

My Bi-Tone is my range-rat/training gun, except for the finish of the slide, a doppelgänger for my EDC. I went with the prettier gun for the range, as that's the gun that people will actually see. ;)

Don't worry about the gun scaring you. I'm now coming up on my 4th year of shooting, with over 300 hours of training on handguns and probably close to 100K rounds downrange, and I've still got a healthy fear of that trigger and muzzle. The key is to always respect it. :)

Have fun and stay safe!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I shot mine for the first time today also. Do they tend to shoot low right for a while? I have had several pistols, 380, 9 & 45, and am a pretty good shot but out of 100 rounds about 60 went low and left. Aiming at center of 8 inch target, 10 yards, I would hit at about 8 0'clock. If I aimed at 2 o'clock I would hit center. I didn't even have this problem with my lcp 380. Any ideas ?

I meant low left.

I can't get anything right tonight. My gun is an XDS 9MM 3.3. I posted in the wrong forum. Sorry.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts