Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The road to the dear lease where I shoot finally dried up enough to navigate today, so I got to shoot my new AR. Set the rear sight in the middle and the first shot was a bullseye! Next ones were a littile off but I was shooting free handed. Most groups were 2 inches. All shots were at 50 yards. I need to get a shooting bench made to take with me. I fired 30 rounds and had no FTF's or FTE's. Everything worked great. I have it sighted in pretty good but will fine tune it out to 100 yards after I build a bench.

Sorry, no pictures of the targets. My dog puked all over 'em on the way back home.:oops: She got my new rifle case too.:roll:

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Shot mine today too. 120 rounds of pure bliss at 50 yards. The gun is still more accurate than me!!! hahahahaha. Gonna go again in 2 weeks and do another 120 or so.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As soon as I recover from the expense of the rifle kit I plan on buying some bulk 223 ammo. Then I plan on really trying it out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have had my new CMMG upper for a week and get my Stag lower and parts kit this friday. Ordered a CMMG .22LR conversion kit because I know I will want to shoot this gun tons and don't want to go to the poor house with ammo prices the way they are. Will zero with .223 and then go crazy with the .22lr I CAN'T WAIT!! It's my first AR.

·
Registered
469 Posts
hey, i just assembled my stag lower, and plan on getting the cmmg.

How much for the .22lr kit?? and what i the price diff between those bullets and the .223 bullets?

·
Registered
368 Posts
You know, while the AK can't be beat for relibilty, the AR is just plain accurate! As for me, I'll take accuate any day of the week.

And oh yeah, AR's are FUN!

I just picked up some 40gr VMAX and will give that a whirl next week. I normally shoot mostly 55gr as I like to see things blow'd up and the 40gr'ers should be even more explosive. Time will tell...

Now, I like the AR's so much I'm looking to pick up an AR style 243 (DPMS Panther LR-243) that can also be outfitted with a 260 or 308 barrel/upper. Think of it ... all the fun and function of an AR in an even more powerful version!

Brian

·
Registered
16 Posts
hey, i just assembled my stag lower, and plan on getting the cmmg.

How much for the .22lr kit?? and what i the price diff between those bullets and the .223 bullets?

$200 for the conversion kit at the link below. I am paying about $.42-$.44 a round for 223 and 22LR is about $.04 or cheaper, Quick math thats 11 pulls of the trigger with the conversion kit for the same price as 1 pull in 223.

22LR Conversion Kit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts